- Easy to install, with clear and thorough install docs.
- Installable on Windows with no extra software. Executable is included.
- Easily installable on modern unixes such as Linux, Solaris, OSX, BSD, etc.
- Multiple races available, and more are easily added.
- Multiple classes available, and more are easily added.
- Sophisticated body/limb system, with "severing" being optional.
- Skill based combat and spellcasting, with optional PK.
- Skills that can be improved through use and with special trainers.
- Quest based advancement (optional).
- Multiple modes of travel in different terrain: flying/swimming/etc.
- Firearms (optional. There are also swords and such, of course).
- Saved inventory when you quit (optional).
- Banking and multiple currencies.
- NPC's that can respond to speech, queries, and commands.
- Special role based NPC's: vendors, barkeeps, bankers, guildmasters, etc.
- Variable descriptions based on time-of-day/lightlevels/race vision, etc.
- Flexible parsing: "give my second torch to the third human" and "gi tor 2 hu 3" work.
- Languages, fishing, stargates, diseases, groups/parties, potions, and more.
- Many examples of objects, areas, and quests.
- Extremely thorough and very detailed docs, faqs, and helpfiles.
- In-game building through OLC-like commands.
- In-game editing through a built-in text editor.
- Web-based editing and file management through the built-in web server.
- A workroom and home area/directory for learning and building.
- Access to intermud for code advice and friendly chat (optional).
- Virtual room server that allows quick, convenient creation of 1,000's of rooms
- A "builder only" contributor position, separate from "coder".
- Simple in-game configuration with the commands: mudconfig and admintool.
- Optional internet servers: web, ftp, Intermud-3, IMC2, and others.
- Some basic conversion modules available to simplify migrating from Smaug and CWG.
- Memory/resource throttling for folks on limited computers/hosting.
- A helpful forum and intermud community for tips and guidance ( lpmuds.net ).
- Easy online upgrading to the latest version with the command: liveupgrade.
- In game control of access to privileges and data with group assignments.
- Warmbooting to reload the mud without disconnecting players.
- Extremely robust: tested with hundreds of active player bots simultaneously with no lag.
Some new stuff in 2.10
- Many fixes and major performance enhancements
- Improved overhead mapping
- Persistent rooms and objects available
- Character mode support
- Character mode editor
- Instance support
- Deviation system
- New domain: Orc Caves
- Noclip mode
- Gettable npc's
- Zombie scrolls
Detailed release notes: http://dead-souls.net/RELEASE_NOTES