26 May, 2016, lilmike wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
hi,
I am trying to get the fluffos 2.15 discworld mudlib bundle up and running as a possible mud codebase to start mine on, and am having one problem. When it starts, it mentioned that the address family is not supported by protocol, and fails to start. I added a debug message to right before the line that (I think) starts the socket, and it says the ADDR_SERVER_IP = localhost. I haven't been able to figure out why it's failing, but the only thing I can think of is that /etc/hosts has 127.0.0.1 localhost server and :::1 localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback, perhaps this is confusing it? I know my server does not support ipv6 from the outside, though I'm not sure if this would affect the inside binding on an IP.
Anyway, if anyone has any ideas (I found this topic: http://lpmuds.net/smf/index.php?topic=91...) but the forum seems to be down right now.
Thanks,
-Michael.
03 Jun, 2016, lilmike wrote in the 2nd comment:
Anyone? lol.
19 Jan, 2017, Garagoth wrote in the 3rd comment:
I guess best would be to edit /etc/hosts and change ::1 localhost to localhost6.
This confuses many other services as well as they randomly try to bind to either ipv4 or ipv6 and usually fail for ipv6.

Cheers,
Garagoth.
0.0/3