21 Sep, 2008, sasuke wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
There are two intermuds that I know of, the daiku server and the LPmuds server.

server 1:
ServerAddr www.mudbytes.net
ServerPort 5000

Server 2:
ServerAddr 204.209.44.3
ServerPort 8888

What Im running:
AckFUSS 4.3.8 using MC2 Freedom CL-2.1

From the Faq it says its possible to connect to multiple servers. Could someone help me? Or at least point me in the right direction. I would appreciate it.
21 Sep, 2008, Guest wrote in the 2nd comment:
The Freedom client does not have the ability to connect to multiple networks and that ability is not planned at this time unless someone else wishes to contribute code to make that possible.
21 Sep, 2008, Conner wrote in the 3rd comment:
Does AckFUSS not include the I3 client as well as the IMC client? SmaugFUSS did (sorry, I branched off from SmaugFUSS a major version or so ago) and all you really had to do was toggle the include flags in your Makefile to include both (or either, or neither, if you prefer) and then use the setup included for each. Personally, I set my mud to stop listening to I3 just before Cratylus took over that network and really hadn't looked back, but that's not a reflection on Cratylus, it's a reflection on how badly I felt at the time about the network. Of course, in that transition, I talked Samson into creating the inews channel on IMC and I talked Tim into bringing his TimBot to IMC to use inews, since then Kiasyn's expanded on the idea with his rss feeds and later his Megabot considerably and Kayle's added ivent and imusic as well. But I digress.. the point is that SmaugFUSS included (includes?) both clients so there's no obvious reason your code can't support both as well.
21 Sep, 2008, Caius wrote in the 4th comment:
I think he's talking about connecting to two IMC or two i3 networks at the same time.
21 Sep, 2008, Conner wrote in the 5th comment:
Actually, from what he was saying on IMC the other night, I believe he's trying to connect to both networks but using the freedom client because Cratylus had offered his IMC bridge as a means to reach the I2 network. :shrug:
21 Sep, 2008, Guest wrote in the 6th comment:
SmaugFUSS does not include the I3 client and hasn't for some time now. I removed it about the time the I3 network run by Greg turned to crap and became completely unreliable anyway.

I no longer provide support for the existing I3 client that's available in the repository. Frankly I wish someone would write up an entirely new one. The one I expanded on was a complete mess and prone to crashing from poor string handling, and I've never been good with C strings.
21 Sep, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 7th comment:
While we are on this subject, i am thinking of adding IMC back into EldhaMUD to see how it goes. I have been lurking on IMC on and off for the last few weeks and it seems to be much different from what i remember it to be. Which client do you recommend that i install. I will also add it into the next release code as well, which is not far away either.
21 Sep, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 8th comment:
Freedom Client 2.2 >.>
21 Sep, 2008, sasuke wrote in the 9th comment:
Sorry, Im not trying to use the client to directly connect to the I3 server.

Conner said:
Actually, from what he was saying on IMC the other night, I believe he's trying to connect to both networks but using the freedom client because Cratylus had offered his IMC bridge as a means to reach the I2 network. :shrug:

This is what I wanted to do. Its still connecting via IMC, to Crat's bridge, so that I can use I3 with IMC.

If you go into the IMC.config file and change the ServerAddr and Port to
ServerAddr 204.209.44.3
ServerPort 8888
It will connect you to talk on the I3 channels. I just wanted to be able to use both. It wouldnt involve adding code to
connect to I3, just the ability to connect to two IMC2 servers.
21 Sep, 2008, Guest wrote in the 10th comment:
As I said, the Freedom client does not support connecting to more than one IMC2 server. Which in effect means you only get one network with it unless there's some other bridging going on behind the scenes.
22 Sep, 2008, Conner wrote in the 11th comment:
*wonders if anyone's ever successfully installed two IMC clients into their mud…*
22 Sep, 2008, Kline wrote in the 12th comment:
The Freedom and I3 clients run fine side-by-side. Never attempted 2 of one type though.
24 Sep, 2008, Conner wrote in the 13th comment:
Nope, not IMC & I3, two IMC or two I3 (though I think, for this application, two I3 wouldn't help, it'd have to be two IMC clients).
24 Sep, 2008, Varmel wrote in the 14th comment:
sasuke said:
From the Faq it says its possible to connect to multiple servers. Could someone help me? Or at least point me in the right direction. I would appreciate it.

Are you able to run an additional server process on your server? If you are then you could consider make an imc2 proxy server that is able to connect to additional networks. E.g you connect the MUD to the proxy which in turn connect to the MudBytes and Intermud3 IMC2 servers.
25 Sep, 2008, sasuke wrote in the 15th comment:
Yeah I was looking at that, though I don't have a clue as to how to do it.
I know theres server IMC code on here, and a code to do an IMC bridge, neither one
helped, but maybe Im doing something wrong. Is there a way to use either of them
to create the proxy server
12 Oct, 2008, mtfox wrote in the 16th comment:
I am working on one, still having issues with it sending stray packets meant for another server. I was trying to make it work off of network names, to know where to send it, but having some troubles with the i3 bridge, and am working with Cratylus to get that resolved. I of course want all issues resolved before any release. We don't need to all be spamming multiple servers with stray packets meant for another server. Right now I am able to connect to at least 3 servers on different networks, but if it cannot compare a network name with one it is trying to send to, it sends to all of them, with bad results…

<5040/5040H 25060/25060M 5000/5000V 34827475 tnl >
[imud_gossip] Darneth@Apothica: test

<5040/5040H 25060/25060M 5000/5000V 34827475 tnl >

I am also having issues with channel names being the same on 2 networks… that isn't as bad, it just finds the first one, and sends it through that… meaning it might not go where you want it to.
12 Oct, 2008, Kline wrote in the 17th comment:
For same names you could take the IRC BNC approach: just prefix them. ie: a-mud_gossip, b-mud_gossip. Just let the user/admin define the network prefixes as part of the network settings.
24 Oct, 2008, mtfox wrote in the 18th comment:
I believe I am mostly finished with it, unless some other bug comes along that I have not run across in the past few weeks. I am considering putting in my implementation of Pedlar's separator patch, for those who use @ for color code. If you have any other ideas, bug reports or comments, just let me know.

http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=file...
0.0/18