23 Oct, 2008, Avaeryn wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
The next RaM roundtable discussion will be held this Sunday at 7 pm EST. Everyone is invited that has an interest in the improvement of the Rom codebase.

Telnet to sulinea.arthmoor.com port 5489

I promise this time I'll make sure the server is up and running so everyone can log in. My apologies for the last fiasco.

Meetings will be held each and every Sunday, so please, drop by even if only to listen to quix purr.
23 Oct, 2008, Runter wrote in the 2nd comment:
I couldn't make last Sunday. I'll be sure to be there this Sunday.
23 Oct, 2008, Skol wrote in the 3rd comment:
Please post the log?
I'm out all weekend with fights, tournament, and a jiujitsu seminar.
23 Oct, 2008, Avaeryn wrote in the 4th comment:
Skol said:
Please post the log?
I'm out all weekend with fights, tournament, and a jiujitsu seminar.

yes, I'm going to post the log. Hopefully tonight after I get home from class. Sorry bout being so late this time! Just really busy at work, irl etc.
23 Oct, 2008, quixadhal wrote in the 5th comment:
…and we have to filter out the contact hyperactivity activities, so it's safe for you kids… :wink:
24 Oct, 2008, Avaeryn wrote in the 6th comment:
quixadhal said:
…and we have to filter out the contact hyperactivity activities, so it's safe for you kids… :wink:

You couldn't resist that one, could you quix? :wink:

Actually, I did a lot of filtering. I took out time/weather messages and me nodding a whole heckuva lot. It's amazing when you scroll back through those things you notice that. Bad habit, gotta stop! Oh, yeah, and Comcast's downtime filtered a LOT, but that wasn't my choice. *shoots Comcast* FYI: Don't believe that speeding bullet stuff they advertise, it's not true! Why? Because it can't work if the internet ain't up and working!
26 Oct, 2008, quixadhal wrote in the 7th comment:
Oh, just a reminder for people, in case you want to show up tonight… Avaeryn might have cookies. :devil:
26 Oct, 2008, Avaeryn wrote in the 8th comment:
quixadhal said:
Oh, just a reminder for people, in case you want to show up tonight… Avaeryn might have cookies. :devil:

And possibly pizza and other goodies!
07 Nov, 2008, quixadhal wrote in the 9th comment:
Don't forget, ya'll have another chance to help us figure out what we're doing this Sunday, at 7pm EST, November 9th, 2008 AD.

Since it's early, what would everyone like to chatter about this time? Start posting stuff, or we'll have to make it up ourselves…. and then you'll all complain that we decided to implement ROM in LPC without telling you. *grin*
08 Nov, 2008, Avaeryn wrote in the 10th comment:
quixadhal said:
Don't forget, ya'll have another chance to help us figure out what we're doing this Sunday, at 7pm EST, November 9th, 2008 AD.

Since it's early, what would everyone like to chatter about this time? Start posting stuff, or we'll have to make it up ourselves…. and then you'll all complain that we decided to implement ROM in LPC without telling you. *grin*

Or that we are splitting the mudding community by creating a new base which will replace Rom, Rot, LPC, Godwars, Smaug and Circle. Yeah…better come up with ideas.

:wink:
08 Nov, 2008, Runter wrote in the 11th comment:
Didn't we decide that the circle project tbaMUD was going to just scrap itself and merge with our project? ;)
08 Nov, 2008, Avaeryn wrote in the 12th comment:
Yes, we did actually! I had forgotten about that. Also, was there not some mention of "All your base are belong to us"?
09 Nov, 2008, quixadhal wrote in the 13th comment:
I've decided to scrap the entire codebase and design our own Operating System. Why bother trying to decide languages, or data formats, when you can just control the entire machine and turn it into a true "MudOS"? All your RAM are belong to RaM!

If you'd like to prevent that, you are encouraged to show up for tonight's meeting and try to stop me! Or, you can show up and join my army. Or you can just show up and try to mooch free food from Avaeryn….

Either way, show up or we'll find you. *knuckle crack*
09 Nov, 2008, quixadhal wrote in the 14th comment:

He'll be there tonight. Will you?

Does this guy have to come persuade you? Huh? Will they have to drink ALL the beer by themselves?
10 Nov, 2008, Runter wrote in the 15th comment:
If you weren't there last night you missed the fun. Quix sang "Summer of '69" karaoke.
16 Nov, 2008, quixadhal wrote in the 16th comment:
It's that time again!

Noooo, not time to wash the cat. Nope, not time to dig out the polka collection either. It's time to log into that mud at sulinea.arth..., and enjoy the lively banter of people working away on a project that's similar, but not quite like, sorting strands of spaghetti by thickness.

Come one along, fill up my log file! You know you want to see your words reflected in the immortal glow of MudBytes' forums, right?

Besides, every minute that goes by without anyone there, I add a smurf to the area resets…. stop me, please!
16 Nov, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 17th comment:
Do you really add smurfs to the resets? Because I would so play a game with a world full of smurfs.
16 Nov, 2008, quixadhal wrote in the 18th comment:
Be careful… I'll dig out my villager special procedure from MY mud….. the routine is called NudgeNudge()… know what I mean?
14 Dec, 2008, quixadhal wrote in the 19th comment:
It's Sunday again. And much like last Sunday, I might not actually be around at meeting time! Silly humans seem to want to do things during the holiday season for some reason, but I'll try to get back in time!

The good news is that I almost have the OLC code that Kaervos was kind enough to brutalize into place, patched into the svn copy. Since I'm already on my way out the door, it won't be ready for tonight, but should be checked in tomorrow, assuming nothing blows up in my face.

The bad news is that my old mud, which hosted the meeting last time I was there, is still seemingly flaky and I haven't sat down with the debugger for a poker game since the last time….. so… you're welcome to stop by, but if it explodes… well… :)

In any case, we will have OLC this week, and I will probably hack in area-based resets AND room-based resets so I'm happy. We should also have colour… I have all the bits and pieces I want in one place, they just have to learn to play nice together.
09 Jan, 2009, BleaS wrote in the 20th comment:
How long are the Roundtables? I'm usually in Church until some time past 7pm on Sundays, though usually back before 8pm. As I'm not a crucial part of the project it doesn't really matter much, but I would personally like to be able to stop in and see if this is something to get involved with.
0.0/33