28 Sep, 2006, Guest wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Though I'm sure it may not seem like a good idea now, I think it's probably about time for this since there was a sudden explosion in legal issues.
29 Sep, 2006, Justice wrote in the 2nd comment:
I wouldn't quite call it an explosion… more like a single person's rampage.
29 Sep, 2006, Conner wrote in the 3rd comment:
Although, it did seem to prompt another person or two to post their own legal issues too.
29 Sep, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 4th comment:
So? It's still just one guy on a rampage. Which prompts me to ask: why don't we have an option to gag posts from specific users?
30 Sep, 2006, Guest wrote in the 5th comment:
I'm still confused as to why you are calling this a "rampage" or "explosion"
30 Sep, 2006, kiasyn wrote in the 6th comment:
locke can you make your sig smaller its screwing up the layout for me
30 Sep, 2006, Brinson wrote in the 7th comment:
Seriously.

Sigs should be capped at like 400 x 100
30 Sep, 2006, Guest wrote in the 8th comment:
Restrict everyone, is that your solution, Brinson? That's pretty weak.
30 Sep, 2006, Brinson wrote in the 9th comment:
Yes, that's my solution.

A) Less bandwith is wasted by bigger sigs.

B) Pages Load Quicker.

C) Pages aren't brought out of whack by really big sigs.

Most forums do it. You have to set a limit somewhere or people will put frickin backgrounds up for their sigs(yeah, I've seen it *shivers*)
30 Sep, 2006, Guest wrote in the 10th comment:
locke said:
Restrict everyone, is that your solution, Brinson? That's pretty weak.

Well it's either restrict everyone or allow one rebellious member to compromise the integrity of a layout we worked hard to achieve. I don't really want to spend the time imposing a restriction if I don't have to. So I thank you for reducing it on your own.
30 Sep, 2006, Guest wrote in the 11th comment:
Why don't you just stop caring about occasional bad formatting due to large images? Or better yet, find something productive and lucrative to do.
30 Sep, 2006, Brinson wrote in the 12th comment:
You don't think him running this site is productive?

And stopping caring isn't a solution.
30 Sep, 2006, Guest wrote in the 13th comment:
It actually is a solution. You can interpret that as "chill out" or "start caring about another topic"
30 Sep, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 14th comment:
You know I think everyone here, except you, love the fact that Samson, Davion, and the rest of the Mudbytes team has put so much work into this site, above everything that they do in there personal lives.

Thank you guys for this wonderful site where we can all come with our problems and concerns about MUDing…
And Locke you really need to back off, Samson is doing a great job, don't go screwing things up for everyone.
30 Sep, 2006, Guest wrote in the 15th comment:
As I said, it's not a solution I want to have to waste time on, or even make policy about, but if it comes down to it, I'm not opposed to doing so just because one person thinks it's a silly thing to care about. As Brinson has also noted, I have seen sigpics that take up nearly the entire screen and they destroy the continuity of the rest of the layout and make it nearly impossible to read the threads they appear in.

And Conner, thanks for the kind words. Site operators don't hear that kind of thing often enough and it's nice to know people appreciate the efforts being made.
30 Sep, 2006, Splork wrote in the 16th comment:
I'm still wondering why so much time and thought is being put into one problem individual. Samson and others have way more tolerance than I do:)

This has become a site I check on a daily basis. I like the community it has created, the content, and the way it is run.
30 Sep, 2006, Conner wrote in the 17th comment:
Btw, just for the record, Samson, while I certainly share the sentiments she expressed, that was Dragona posting not me. But if those kind words mean that much to you, please know that they are sincerely expressed on my behalf too. This site has been great so far and you guys have done a terrific job of fixing and adding things as quickly as we can find them or request them, and otherwise are doing a fabulous job here in our opinions.

I don't see any reason to restrict images in signatures globally, but if it came down to a need to do so, I'll be the first to volunteer to find a means to try to meld my various banners in my signature down to just one, though I'm not certain how to do that as of yet, so I am hoping not to have to.

Splork.. yeah, the mudbytes team is much more tolerant than most of us would be, but then, that's a big part of what made them right for being our admins here too. Otherwise, I absolutely second your sentiments, I also check this site daily, if not more often, even when I'm sick because it has become a site that's worth checking and contributing to, even the forums which is actually saying quite a bit. It may not yet be the biggest or most complete repository out there, but it's growing quickly and already by far surpassed anything Kyndig had ever accomplished in quality if not in quantity.
30 Sep, 2006, Guest wrote in the 18th comment:
they still aren't as tolerant with source code as thoric of ftp.game.org
30 Sep, 2006, Brinson wrote in the 19th comment:
because of the copyright requirements for files?
30 Sep, 2006, Conner wrote in the 20th comment:
Again, another tally mark in their favor, Locke.

We don't want tolerance with regard to code submissions, we want legally clean code submissions.
0.0/72