19 Dec, 2008, Valo wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I'm trying to create a list of powers using the list_powers attribute. I just can't figure it out. I want to list them in three columns. Can anyone help me? I have the list_powers attribute with the powers listed as:

<power 1>|<power 2>|<power 3>|<etc.>

Can anyone help me out? It'd be appreciated.
19 Dec, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 2nd comment:
I think we might need some more context here… What codebase are you using? What is the list_powers attribute? What programming language are we working with?
19 Dec, 2008, Valo wrote in the 3rd comment:
I'm using MUX 2.6.3.2. The list_powers attribute is just an attribute that is on an object that I use to house all the powers so that I don't have to go through a large code and change a lot of code when I want to add or subtract a power. I'm running on TinyMUX.

LIST_POWERS: Adoptive_Muscle_Memory|Aerokinesis|Agrokinesis|Animal_Telepathy|Atmokinesis|Audiokinesis|
Biochemical_Control|Biomanipulation|Bodily_Possession|Cellulokinesis|Chromokinesis|Clairvoyance|
Continual_Energy_Generation|Crumpling|Cryokinesis|Degeneration|Disruption|Eidetic_Memory|
Electrokinesis|Emotional_Empathy|Empathic_Mimicry|Empathy|Enhanced_Vision|Entomopathy|
Entropy_Control|Escape_Artistry|Flight|Forcefield_Generation|Friction_Manipulation|Fusion|Gyrokinesis|
Healing|Hydrokinesis|Illusion|Ind._Thermochem._React.|Infatigable|Intuition|Intuitive_Aptitude|
Intuit._Process_Analysis|Intuitive_Psychology|Invisibility|Kinetic_Manipulation|Magnetokinesis|Matter_Ingestion
|Mechanopathy|Memory_Manipulation|Metallic_Exoskeleton|Metsumancy|Molecular_Manipulation|Multi-Threaded_Cognition|Narcokinesis|Negation|Neurokinesis|Nosokinesis|Object_Relocation|Omnilinguistics
|Oneiromancy|Osteokinesis|Parasitic_Vision|Pattern_Interpretation|Perlucination|Persuasion|Phasing|
Photokinesis|Precognition|Psychic_Voodoo|Psychometry|Pyrokinesis|Radiation_Manipulation|Regeneration|
Replication|Solidification|Sonic_Projection|Space/Time_Manipulation|Spatial_Manipulation|Superhuman_Agility|
Superhuman_Elasticity|Superhuman_Speed|Superhuman_Strength|Technological_Intuition|Technopathy|
Telekinesis|Telepathy|Teleportation|Terrakinesis|Threshold_Invincibility|Toxigenesis|Tychokinesis|Umbrakinesis
19 Dec, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 4th comment:
Ah. Sorry, I can't help you out then, since I don't know anything about the MUX language you're using. Sorry :thinking:
20 Dec, 2008, Igabod wrote in the 5th comment:
I too have no knowledge of MUX but most MU*'s out there have a "commands" command that allows you to see all available commands. You might have one in your codebase that you can look at to get an idea, if you don't then just download a stock rom codebase from here and look at the do_commands function in interp.c and use that for a guide. Hope this helps some.
20 Dec, 2008, Tyche wrote in the 6th comment:
The only mush coders here I know of would be Kelvin or Keriwena, and unless they happen to be reading this week, your best bet is to post on TMC or WORA as there are significantly higher chance of a mush/muxer reading.

Actually maybe this post gives a semi good answer.
20 Dec, 2008, Cuiorne wrote in the 7th comment:
Table() or columns() can be used.

COLUMNS()

FUNCTION: columns(<list>, <width>[, <delim>[, <indent>]])

Formats a delimited <list> into fixed-width columns. Any element
longer than <width> is truncated. <indent> specifies a left margin.
This function fits the margin and as many columns as possible into a
78-wide screen.

The input delimiter, <delim>, defaults to a space.
The left margin width, <indent>, defaults to zero.

TABLE ()

table(<list>,<field width>,<line length>,<delimiter>,
<output separator>,<padding>)

This function returns the elements of <list> in a tabular format.
All other parameters are optional.
- <field width> specifies how wide each table entry is allowed to be.
Default: 10 characters.
- <line length> is how wide a table row can be. Default: 78 characters.
- <delimiter> is the delimiter used in <list>. Default: White space.
- <output separator> is a single character to be used between entries
in the table. Default: White space.
- <padding> is a string which will be repeated to fill in space between
the end of a table entry and the next column. Default: White space.

Hope this helps:)
20 Dec, 2008, Cuiorne wrote in the 8th comment:
I just tested and this will work

think [table(get(#28/list_powers),25,78,|,,)]

#28 is the debrief of the object I used, change that to whatever the debrief is of the object you are using.
25 Dec, 2008, Valo wrote in the 9th comment:
Thanks Cuiorne. That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much.
0.0/9