04 Jun, 2009, Midboss wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
How's everyone been?
04 Jun, 2009, Sandi wrote in the 2nd comment:
Not so bad… what have you been up to?
04 Jun, 2009, Lyanic wrote in the 3rd comment:
Welcome back? You still on staff over at EoT?
04 Jun, 2009, Chris Bailey wrote in the 4th comment:
Hmm, Midboss? Your name sounds very familiar but I can't quite place you.
04 Jun, 2009, quixadhal wrote in the 5th comment:
Quality control has slipped a lot while you've been gone… they let me in here. :evil:

Welcome back!

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST
04 Jun, 2009, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 6th comment:
Hey midboss, just wanna say i've enjoyed your many snippets :tongue:
05 Jun, 2009, kiasyn wrote in the 7th comment:
*Fixed the quixadhal problem.
05 Jun, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 8th comment:
Yo.

Hear the news about FF14? fapfapfap
06 Jun, 2009, Midboss wrote in the 9th comment:
Sandi said:
Not so bad… what have you been up to?

Fighting games, mostly Guilty Gear and Street Fighter. I actually managed to buy a PS3 to further support the addiction with money I won playing Super Turbo, which was nice.

Lyanic said:
Welcome back? You still on staff over at EoT?

Probably not much of a disappointment, but I'm not really 'back'. And no, though I pop in once in a while.

staryavsky said:
Hey midboss, just wanna say i've enjoyed your many snippets :tongue:

I wish I could remember half of them.

Zeno said:
Yo.

Hear the news about FF14? fapfapfap

Yeah, but I can't say I was interested. Not big on MMORPGs OR Final Fantasy. You'd never guess would you?

This is the only game I'm currently look...
06 Jun, 2009, Hades_Kane wrote in the 10th comment:
ANOTHER Final Fantasy MMORPG?

Meh…

Quit milking that cow and release something worthwhile already.
06 Jun, 2009, Kline wrote in the 11th comment:
I played, and tried to like (like really tried to force myself to like) FFXI….To no avail. WoW ever since!

Too many poor game mechanics (sorry, I don't like losing levels when I die …sad panda) and "forced roles" for your class selection. It was about impossible to find a group if you weren't one of like 5 specific class combos. Not to mention the grand idea that when you swap classes you restart at level 1. HP and everything…It's like you've gained nothing. Oh and that way awesome /consider command they provided, to help know if a monster was too tough. Too bad the command was so skewed that anything saying "a fair fight" utterly annihilated you, while things saying "far too weak for you" were a tough, even battle. Oh, and their server load-balancing of randomly assigning you to a server then requiring the purchase of an expensive in-game item for a code to allow a friend to force their character onto that server to play with you.

Did it ever get any better? I played back during the initial US launch, at which point the game was already filled with many high-level Japanese who didn't want to group with anybody.
06 Jun, 2009, Midboss wrote in the 12th comment:
Well isn't this new?

Usually it's me doing the hijacking, but here we have my own thread being hijacked.

…I like it.
06 Jun, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 13th comment:
ohgod BlazBlue. I'm getting it for PS3, can't wait.
06 Jun, 2009, Midboss wrote in the 14th comment:
We'll have to play sometime then! I've already committed to play Nu, Jin, Noel, Litchi, and, whether I like him or not, Tager for my mandatory Potemkin fix. I'm Adonic_Fury on PSN.

Do you play Guilty Gear by any chance?
06 Jun, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 15th comment:
Sure as hell do. Generally main Ky.

I'll try out everyone in BlazBlue, but I'll probably stick to NotKy.
06 Jun, 2009, Midboss wrote in the 16th comment:
I mostly play #Reload lately. I don't have a main… Tend to cycle around between Bridget, Potemkin, Chipp, May, and Ky, though I play a few more than that.

Still waiting on my arcade stick to arrive though.:(

Edit: In that other post I linked my youtube channel. Bunch of match vids starting when I picked it back up and ending a couple weeks ago… I'm not playing in all of them though.
06 Jun, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 17th comment:
I played #R a lot on my laptop. Never could get online working, so I can't gauge how good I am. Somehow I think I'm better with keyboard than controller.

Probably should get stick though… What one did you buy?
06 Jun, 2009, Midboss wrote in the 18th comment:
Zeno said:
I played #R a lot on my laptop. Never could get online working, so I can't gauge how good I am.

I don't stack up too well to veteran players, but am about the second best in my group of friends I play with. The guy that is/was clearly better than me is never on when I am though, so I haven't been able to challenge him in a good long while.

Zeno said:
Somehow I think I'm better with keyboard than controller.

It's quite likely. If you actually get over the hurdle of LEARNING to use a keyboard, it's a lot more accurate than a d-pad is. D-pads are generally the very worst input method for a fighting game, but the easiest to learn initially, so they tend to be overrated. …sadly, my keyboard is inadequate and won't seem to register enough simultaneous keypresses to play effectively.:(

Zeno said:
Probably should get stick though… What one did you buy?

Anyway, I ordered a hybrid slim arcade custom from Arcade-In-A-Box.
0.0/18