30 Dec, 2006, kiasyn wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Talon!
What is Talon?

Talon is more or less a mini MUD. You can connect to it and use the IMC network if you don't have access to it on your MUD yet, or want to try it before installing.
How can I use it?

Connect to it like you would any MUD (mudbytes.net:2000) and you're in! Choose a name with the name command (name Kiasyn, to change your name to Kiasyn for example). Use 'imcchanlist' to see the list of channels and imclisten <channel name> (or all) to start listening in. Talking works like any normal channel, <chan> <message>. IMC also has support for emotes. You can use these with <chan> ,<emote>.
What does it look like?

Talon was made by Kiasyn
30 Dec, 2006, Conner wrote in the 2nd comment:
For those who might be considering joining the imc network, the current channels offered are:
icode This channel is for coders to help each other or otherwise discuss code (immortals only)
game This channel has a gamebot running on it (currently down for repairs) so you can play games with others on other muds (open to all)
i3 This channel is a bridge to the I3 network (immortals only)
i2 This channel is a bridge to the i2 network(?) (immortals only)
irc This channel is a bridge to IRC (immortals only)
ichat This is a channel for generic chat between immortals on the muds connected to IMC and is the primary channel activity-wise (immortals only)
pchat This channel is for generic chat between the muds connected to IMC (open to all)
inews This channel is primarily manned by bots who bring us news, as it happens, from various sources, including announcement of new posts here and at several other forums (open to all)
ibuild This channel is for builders to help each other or otherwise discuss building, though most of the IMC connected coders also listen to this channel and try to help when issues arise as well. This is a brand new addition to the channels available and didn't exist at the time of the screen shot Kiasyn posted. (immortals only)
30 Dec, 2006, Guest wrote in the 3rd comment:
And for further clarification:

The i3, i2, and irc channels still exist, but the services which interfaced with them are all currently down and not expected to return. We've kept the channels in place in case someone else wants to make an attempt at reviving them.
0.0/3