23 Jul, 2009, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Ok, so i've been cleaning up quickmud to compile in G++ and so far so good.
It seemed that it was mainly null pointer casting and was pretty straight forward, until now.

I have gotten all the files to compile, but it seems that when it comes time to link, i'm getting
some weird errors, that SEEM to be a linking issue:

undefined reference to ulink(char const*)
undefined reference to system(char*)

I will point out that the two functions above are referenced. I used some help from the Rom2.4 G++ clean
in the repository. and still, cant make it work.

theres also a few issues with nanny.c which seem to be descriptor states: _echo_off_str ETC

i would paste it all but i wanted to show the issues first and see if anyone knows a good reason for this
23 Jul, 2009, bbailey wrote in the 2nd comment:
staryavsky said:
I have gotten all the files to compile, but it seems that when it comes time to link, i'm getting
some weird errors, that SEEM to be a linking issue:

undefined reference to ulink(char const*)
undefined reference to system(char*)

This sounds like you have hand-written prototypes for the above two functions somewhere in the code. Remove these and use the ones provided by the appropriate system header files. On most systems that'll be <stdlib.h> for system() and <unistd.h> for what I suspect is really unlink() (no idea what ulink is).
23 Jul, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 3rd comment:
Yes; if you have bad prototypes, it will try to find exactly those prototypes in the system libraries, so if you have, e.g., a char* where the library uses a const char*, it will fail to find the library function at link time. What bbailey suggested is definitely what you should try first. In general, don't write your own prototypes for system functions; use the headers.
23 Jul, 2009, Guest wrote in the 4th comment:
David Haley said:
In general, don't write your own prototypes for system functions; use the headers.

Tell that to the guys that did this 12 years ago :)
23 Jul, 2009, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 5th comment:
Ok, cool. What about nanny.c? Is it the same issue as far as prototypes? It seems like the socket symbols aren't defined anywhere in the code.
0.0/5