11 Jan, 2007, Wil wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Greetings to all MU* Administrators and all future MU* Administrators out there in need of a great host. Alternate Realm Hosting covers all ranges of hosting needs, from web to MU* hosting. Our packages have been designed for many levels of MU*s. From the fresh out of the box, just starting up MU*s, to the heavily established MU*s.

Our Mercy package is free, giving all new MU*s a reliable, professional host to get their game off of the ground as they breathe life into their new realm. With custom deals available on a case-by-case basis, we can ensure that a MU* is able to grow and develop with as little risk as possible.

Moving into our paid subscription packages, they begin at just $4.99 a month. That package offers:

200 MB HD Storage
20 MB RAM
3% CPU
2 Subdomains
Daily Off-Site Backups

Also, for our paying customers, we offer emergency coding help for those situations when you absolutely need it.

From there, it only gets better. If you take advantage of our limited special, you can receive our expanded package, originally $19.99/mo ($219.99/yr), for just $9.99/mo ($119.88/yr) by prepaying for the full year. That’s over $100 of savings, and you get everything you see below and more!

750 MB HD Storage
100 MB RAM
10% CPU
10 Subdomains
1 Domain (We Register It For You – For Free!)
Daily Off-Site Backups
And Much More!

We’re only allowing 5 of these special accounts to be purchased.

Now that we have the formal business out of the way, we can get down to what we have to offer as a staff. With years of experience in all aspects of MU* gaming, our staff is qualified to handle your needs as a client.

Our professional staff is well versed, not only in system administration, but in MU* administration and programming. We are passionate about MU*s, and want to do our part in bringing you the same joy that we get from them.

If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to support@altrealm.com, or visit our website at www.altrealm.com.
11 Jan, 2007, Omega wrote in the 2nd comment:
since when is this an advertising forum?
11 Jan, 2007, Wil wrote in the 3rd comment:
I apologize if this thread is unwanted. I did not see any other place to put this information on these forums, and considered not posting it. However, I wanted to get the information out there for those on this site that may need a host. With that, I assumed the Administration Forum to be the best place rather than placing it somewhere that would spam those that are strictly players. Again, if this thread is unwanted, please have it removed. We do not want to cause problems.

Wil
11 Jan, 2007, Omega wrote in the 4th comment:
its not a problem (at least to me) i just like making snarky remarks, since this was the first advert i've seen figured i'd make a post :)
11 Jan, 2007, Conner wrote in the 5th comment:
We do have a place for mud listings, but I don't know that we have any forums that are particularily suited for hosting adverts, but I don't see where it'd hurt anything or anyone to have them. Of course, that's just my initial thoughts.
12 Jan, 2007, Guest wrote in the 6th comment:
I wouldn't worry about it Wil. We don't have a problem with promotional posting. If we end up getting a lot of it we may create a dedicated space for it.
30 Jan, 2007, Brinson wrote in the 7th comment:
It would be neat to have a host db with ratings and reviews from registered users.

Just a thought.
30 Jan, 2007, Conner wrote in the 8th comment:
It would, but who'd host the listing and be able to claim complete impartiality? And what would make it any more reliable than all the other voting sites out there for muds that currently get gamed every way possible routinely?
16 Feb, 2007, Brinson wrote in the 9th comment:
You should have a subdomain option available for free hosting…

It would provide advertisement for you as well as allow people to "get off the ground" without spending money.
27 Feb, 2007, Wil wrote in the 10th comment:
Brinson, thank you for bringing that up. Since the initial post here, we have gone live with a new site design, as well as server capabilities and speed, and are just now to the point that we can address that particular issue.

A few notes on server upgrades:

We now have a 1000mbit/sec port to all of our servers, connected to our backbone comprised of 25gbit/sec. This came after lag complaints from a couple of clients. So, to fix it, we moved servers to a different location, and upgraded to the previously stated things, as well as several other things not mentioned.

Back onto your post:

Until we are able to get a sub-domain option on there (shouldn't be long), you can loophole around a domain by just putting the subdomain you want, and click on the transfer option. We e-mail everyone that signs up prior to processing their order to make sure that everything is how they want it. Once we confirm all of the information, we then set up the account as a sub-domain, or domain if chosen, and can have you up and running fairly quick.

Feel free to e-mail me about an account. My E-mail I work at home from my computer, so response time is -usually- just a few minutes.
0.0/10