24 Nov, 2009, Keberus wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I finally got around adding MSSP to my game, the next question is, how do I make it so MB and other crawlers know to access my mud for MSSP?

Thanks,
24 Nov, 2009, Mudder wrote in the 2nd comment:
On the topic of MSSP, is there any benefit of this for smaller MUDs, or does it only make sense for the super big ones?
24 Nov, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 3rd comment:
Keb: For MudBytes, all you have to do is add your mud to the listing.

Mudder: MSSP is for automatic updating of your Mud Listings without having to go around to all the different listing sites individually. Well, at least for the ones that support it. There's no difference in benefits for a small mud over a bigger mud.
25 Nov, 2009, Davion wrote in the 4th comment:
You pretty much have to submit your mud places. As Kayle said, to get on ours and be included in the MSSP search cloud, you just add yourself to our listings. If you add it to TMC I -think- MudStats.com (the only other listing site supporting MSSP) will grab it. If not you can always submit it to MudStats.com.

…that reminds me of something *scurries off*
25 Nov, 2009, Mudder wrote in the 5th comment:
Whoops, I confused it with MCCP.
25 Nov, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 6th comment:
Mudder said:
Whoops, I confused it with MCCP.

MCCP has benefits no matter how small your mud is. A demonstration:

Transfer data since Sun Sep 6, 2009 3:35:15 PM EDT
Received : 2MB 241KB 226B
Uncompressed sent : 90B
Compressed sent : 14MB 604KB 736B
Saved by MCCP : 162MB 711KB 673B
IMC data received : 31MB 156KB 185B
IMC data sent : 2MB 872KB 313B
Total Received : 33MB 397KB 411B
Total Sent : 17MB 453KB 115B

This is on SW:TSW where there's always at least 2 people on, but never more than 8. We're still under heavy development, and while players are welcome, there aren't a lot of them around.
25 Nov, 2009, Keberus wrote in the 7th comment:
Hrm, maybe I'm confused, do you mean I need to add my mud, TGA again? Because it's been added for many months, but just recently did I bother to put in MSSP. I am logging all MSSP Requests, and haven't seen any for the past few days. Does the MSSP server only update on occasion, or have I done something else wrong perhaps?

Thanks,
25 Nov, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 8th comment:
If it's already in the listings, then you shouldn't have to add it again. Maybe Davion or Kiasyn just need to kick the bot. :P
25 Nov, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 9th comment:
Added the mud (t-n-k-games.com 1500 right?) to my crawler, invalid values are in red. http://tintin.sourceforge.net/mssp/mudli...
11 Jan, 2010, Keberus wrote in the 10th comment:
Heh, just now happened to read your message Scandum, I looked at your mudlist page, and though the banner works there's no info at all for SWIG. I am using the MSSP-Plaintext version of the protocol, if it makes a difference. How bad does my mud have to be to not have any info at all show up? In case you're wondering yes it still says The Galactic Alliance, we are undergoing a name overhaul at the moment.
11 Jan, 2010, Scandum wrote in the 11th comment:
Your mud was probably down the last time I ran the crawler, as far as I tell everything checks out.

I think I've omitted one mud that only reported name, players, and uptime, one that insisted on reporting N/A instead of -1, and I think there's a couple that get MSSP from their codebase but didn't bother updating the fields.
11 Jan, 2010, Keberus wrote in the 12th comment:
Okay, thanks for the heads up.
0.0/12