18 Apr, 2007, Zenn wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hey, everyone, I'm pretty new to the administrating community. I'm running a SW:FotEFUSS Custom-timeline Star Wars MUD. It starts about 40 ABY and breaks off there.

The Empire as we know it has been destroyed. There are rumours of small areas still under their control, but none are deemed a threat. The Free Republic is in a state of galactic peace. Suddenly, scientists on Coruscant discover shocking news. The Coruscant Sun's core is destabilizing, a few million years ahead of it's time. Coruscant is hastily evacuated, and the Sun goes supernova. Two years later, cities begin appearing on fragments of planets and asteroids. The citizens are returning, and they are rebuilding on whatever rock they can find. The Republic chooses a small planetoid, Corai, for it's base. Another planetoid, Corann, is settled by others. One year later, in 43 ABY, or 3 ACS(After Coruscant Supernova), the Corann planetoid declares it's independence from the Republic. Other asteroids begin to do the same, and they form a Confederacy of Asteroids. In other parts of the galaxy, the Empire slowly begins to gain strength. The current year is 5 ACS.

We've got a team of about nine builders :evil:, but no active coders. :sad:
Without a coder, we're pretty much not going to go anywhere. Do any of you have the time to code for us?

(Want to build or code? Check us out! Go to mudsite.com port 6000)
Zenn the Admin - Star Wars : Dark Nebulas
18 Apr, 2007, Zenn wrote in the 2nd comment:
Ah, guess I should've put my email, too… That's startrekern@lycos.com (startrekern -AT- lycos.com)
19 Apr, 2007, Zeno wrote in the 3rd comment:
Please note there is an edit button.
19 Apr, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 4th comment:
Zenn,

Glad to know you're still alive. Sorry to hear that you branched out on your own and can't find a coder. Gotta admit, had you stayed with MW for more than what was it 4 hours? You might have been able to get me to help you out with a side project. However since you agreed to help with MW and then only stuck around for ~4 hours, It makes me a little less than reluctant to volunteer my help.

Hope you find some help and manage to get off the ground, it sounds like you have great ideas.
20 Apr, 2007, Zenn wrote in the 5th comment:
Well, I found a coder, but still… let the poll roll!

And a suggestion for mudbytes..perhaps a form for advertising muds/advertising for staff? Didn't know where else to put this.
20 Apr, 2007, Guest wrote in the 6th comment:
We started life with a coder, he left, and I eventually picked up the torch myself and the rest is history. So I wouldn't define our experience as a "struggle" since we didn't really even go looking for one :P
20 Apr, 2007, Conner wrote in the 7th comment:
Zenn, congratulations on finding a coder. :smile:

As for the poll, as Samson said, I really can't call it a struggle as I've been the coder for my mud since day one (thought back at day one I knew nothing at all about C) so I've never really sought a coder, though I have made (and still do make from time to time) extensive use of snippets and the services of several coders who were/are much better at it than I am over the years to help me figure out my way as I was learning (I still am really) and to help me with projects that I didn't know even how to begin at the time.
20 Apr, 2007, Zenn wrote in the 8th comment:
Yeah, I have to admit I'm more on..the surprised side to have found a coder. I've tried several times with no luck before…but never tried on MudBytes. *falls in love with mudbytes* :alien:

"I eventually picked up the torch myself and the rest is history" Sure is history! Love FUSS, keep up the good work ;)
21 Apr, 2007, Zeno wrote in the 9th comment:
Same here, I've been the first coder and only coder since day 1.
21 Apr, 2007, syn wrote in the 10th comment:
Me too :)
23 Apr, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 11th comment:
There's 3 people I would ever trust my code with. Samson, FearItself, and if Scoyn ever learns to code, I'd trust him with it to.

I started Obscurities from SMAUG 1.4a 6 years ago, no one has had their grubby little hands on it since. And I'll keep it that way, unless Samson ever wants to work on it with me. :P
23 Apr, 2007, kiasyn wrote in the 12th comment:
IIRC I had guest shell access to your code once ;)
23 Apr, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 13th comment:
guest access to restricted files. and not even a full copy of the base.
30 Apr, 2007, Zenn wrote in the 14th comment:
Just out of curiosity, who was the one 'Yes' vote on the poll? And I guess I should've put 'had difficulty' instead of 'Struggled'

Zenn The Thing - Star Wars : Dark Nebulas
21 Aug, 2007, Xyris wrote in the 15th comment:
I may beable to do some coding for you. It depends on the codebase and what you want done. Im a big fan starwars and love starwars muds. I just havent really found one that can get me "into" the mud.
0.0/15