23 May, 2007, kikyo wrote in the 41st comment:
Votes: 0
So like I actually fixed that and it runs and everything , But now I have these problems with pfiles. When U delete a pfile. You can relog on the pfile again with our remaking. Ummm When u type destroy it says pfile doesn't exist or when u use the finger command says the pfile doesn't exist But yet u can log on it. I replace the pfile.c so I know that isn't it I also replaced the destroy and delete commands. That didn't help either. Any idea what might be causing this? I am running Dbsc2.5.2 codebase just to remind you. And how would I go about fixing it.
24 May, 2007, Conner wrote in the 42nd comment:
It is somehow reading in existing pfiles at boot and storing them in memory? That'd be pretty unusual from my experiences, but it'd allow you to still use a character that had it's pfile deleted already.. on the other hand, if it was meant to be doing that, destroy should be deleting the pfile and removing the player data from memory.

Sorry, the above conjecture's the best I can do for you since I'm completely unfamiliar with DBSC.
24 May, 2007, syn wrote in the 43rd comment:
It sounds very odd to me..

Either the command itself really isnt deleting the file, or the player is on, the file is somehow getting deleted then doesnt actually disconnect the character without a save, and the autosave (or normal) kicks in, and simply makes a new pfile.

If the player is actually on, does your delete actually unlink and then rid the file? If they are not online, are you absolutely positive that the file is actually getting deleted?

-Syn
24 May, 2007, kikyo wrote in the 44th comment:
Fixed it…. The backpfile folders were gone somehow.

So now I have the codebase up and running and I have most of the restructing of the orginal Codebase that I wanted done except the new a races I am adding in. So I need to know 2 things now.

How would I put a Pl CAP on it. I know it would go in fight.c but I have no clue where.

Also I would like to know how would I make Instant Transmission non-supp

As it is now you need To suppress to a pl under or close to the thing you are trying to Instant Transmission too. I took out Race ranks (demon king and Supreme Kai ranks) out because I really don't like them But I know they had non-supp IT and I wanted to make the for all players.
24 May, 2007, Conner wrote in the 45th comment:
Sorry, this one I can't help with at all as I don't have a clue as to what a pl cap refers to nor what non-supp Instant Transmissions are. *shrug*
24 May, 2007, syn wrote in the 46th comment:
Ok ill take a stab.

This is all conjecture though as I had an incredibly difficult time sifting through that..

PL = player level, or since it is a DBZ MUD my final answer would be a Power Level.

Instant transmission is that power when the guy gets a funny look, and bows his head, and pop, goes elsewhere to whoever their target is.

Supp being suppress your PL to IT to your F.O.E.

So, post the code for it, as far as your max PL there should be some kind of define somewhere, grep for something like MAX_PL or whatever it may be find out where it is defined and raise the cap.
24 May, 2007, kiasyn wrote in the 47th comment:
if you wanted to add in a MAX_PL you would do it in the PL upping function, which i think is still gain_xp in update.c
25 May, 2007, Metsuro wrote in the 48th comment:
If you look in fight.c in the copy of wotc that I gave you, right around the portion about the pl mod you'll see 80t with all its zeros you'll basically want to do that in your fight.c in the same place hopefully after adding something like MAX_PL into mud.h and using that so theres no omg what did i set it too? And the no suppression bit is rather annoying to say the least, I've never gotten it to work but you'll need to A grep for 1337 the vnum for the sentient chip, and you should find it in a function thats like "_transmission" something and you'll see a bunch of annoying math, and not really much about suppression but thats a good place to start, Once I get a chance maybe saturday I'll go over my code again and explain more on how to fix it up right.
25 May, 2007, kikyo wrote in the 49th comment:
non-supp Instant transmission I found and got it to work. Umm as for the wotc code when I got in a arguement with Micheal he deleted my account before I could do the backup of all the code but if u would send me the fight.c and mud.h so I can see how its done through my email metsuro I would really like that.
26 May, 2007, Metsuro wrote in the 50th comment:
if ( ch->exp >= 80000000000000000 )
{
ch_printf(ch, "&cYou have hit the Max PL amount. You cannot gain any more.&D\n\r" );
return;
}

if (is_android(ch) || is_superandroid(ch) )
{
if (xp_gain_post != 1)
{
//a = number_range(1,2);
a = 1;
if( !is_leet(ch) )
sprintf( buf1, "Your tl increases by %s points.", num_punct_ld(xp_gain_post) );
else
sprintf( buf1, "Omgawd u git %s tee el. hawt!", num_punct_ld(xp_gain_post) );
act( AT_HIT, buf1, ch, NULL, victim, TO_CHAR );
}
else
{
sprintf( buf1, "Your tl increases by %s point.", num_punct_ld(xp_gain_post) );
act( AT_HIT, buf1, ch, NULL, victim, TO_CHAR );
}
}

look in fight.c for the pl gain messages listed here then place in above code that has the max pl, but change the 80t to MAX_PL and then in mud.h add a #define MAX_PL (number)
26 May, 2007, Metsuro wrote in the 51st comment:
actually… after looking through fight.c this is a very weird way to do this… its in several places and i'm not sure if thats the correct way to work it or not.
26 May, 2007, syn wrote in the 52nd comment:
I think that bit of code, and the comments therein says it all folks.

-Syn
40.0/52