18 Mar, 2010, boblinski wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has a program/snip to convert this rom2.3 file to a rom2.4 file…

Emerald Forest

Or maybe someone has already converted it to a rom2.4 format?

Please help, I have tried editing it manually and had no luck even after hours of work.

Thanks,
Bob.
18 Mar, 2010, jurdendurden wrote in the 2nd comment:
Look into MZF (make zones fast), I believe it has the ability to upgrade rom 2.3 areas to rom 2.4.
19 Mar, 2010, boblinski wrote in the 3rd comment:
I had a quick look at MZF but cannot seems to makes heads or tails for converting rom2.3 to 2.4… any advice or other methods?
19 Mar, 2010, Runter wrote in the 4th comment:
boblinski said:
I had a quick look at MZF but cannot seems to makes heads or tails for converting rom2.3 to 2.4… any advice or other methods?

If there's not a great deal of difference in the formats you can compare and change them by hand with a text editor.
19 Mar, 2010, jurdendurden wrote in the 5th comment:
On their website it mentioned to convert to envy then to rom 2.4
20 Mar, 2010, boblinski wrote in the 6th comment:
I don't even understand how to even load my emerald forest file into MZF, nor which MZF I need to download for windows xp..
20 Mar, 2010, Davion wrote in the 7th comment:
Have you tried taking the loading functions from ROM2.3 and plugging them into rom2.4? You'd have to give them different names of course! But I don't really think they'd be to different, code-wise.
20 Mar, 2010, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 8th comment:
Why don't you change them by editor as Runter suggested, or add the support to db.c?

You could probably add a line to the top of each .are file to specify which version the file is,
then you could add a switch() construct to choose which version your file is, then refer to which
version function you wanted to load from. You could start off by duplicating the functions to figure
out what minor changes need to be made. Or if you are confident with C and are only planning on
supporting 2 versions, you could leave the functions the same, and have a conditional statement for
each value that isn't currently supported.
0.0/8