05 Apr, 2010, boblinski wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Once mudbytes closes down.. where will I go to get help coding my Rom based Mud??
05 Apr, 2010, Cratylus wrote in the 2nd comment:
05 Apr, 2010, flumpy wrote in the 3rd comment:
:devil:
05 Apr, 2010, Kayle wrote in the 4th comment:
MudBytes isn't actually closing down. It was an April Fool's Joke. And apparently a really bad one.
05 Apr, 2010, Dean wrote in the 5th comment:
Kayle said:
MudBytes isn't actually closing down. It was an April Fool's Joke. And apparently a really badgood one.

Fixed.
05 Apr, 2010, Kayle wrote in the 6th comment:
Dean said:
Kayle said:
MudBytes isn't actually closing down. It was an April Fool's Joke. And apparently a really badgood one.

Fixed.

I don't think making users think the site is closing down is a good thing. Not when they go looking other places for somewhere to get the help they rely on here.
05 Apr, 2010, Cratylus wrote in the 7th comment:
Kayle said:
I don't think making users think the site is closing down is a good thing. Not when they go looking other places for somewhere to get the help they rely on here.

I guess I'd fix this tomayto/tomahto by suggesting that it's a successful but unwise joke.

I considered doing something silly like that on the forum I run, but decided that long
after April 1, people would come across that exercise, miss the context, and get the
wrong idea. I decided it wouldn't be funny enough to run that risk.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
05 Apr, 2010, flumpy wrote in the 8th comment:
Cratylus said:
Kayle said:

I guess I'd fix this tomayto/tomahto by suggesting that it's a successful but unwise joke.

I considered doing something silly like that on the forum I run, but decided that long
after April 1, people would come across that exercise, miss the context, and get the
wrong idea. I decided it wouldn't be funny enough to run that risk.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net

Note Kavir's joke was spot on..
05 Apr, 2010, KaVir wrote in the 9th comment:
flumpy said:

Thanks, I quite liked it, it was shame Hephos pointed out the date only 18 minutes later :(
05 Apr, 2010, flumpy wrote in the 10th comment:
KaVir said:
flumpy said:

Thanks, I quite liked it, it was shame Hephos pointed out the date only 18 minutes later :(

Yea I was like "OMFGNW" for about 2 seconds.. still rofl'd tho ;D
05 Apr, 2010, Orrin wrote in the 11th comment:
I've edited the original "joke" post to make the meaning clear for any future readers.
05 Apr, 2010, flumpy wrote in the 12th comment:
Orrin said:
I've edited the original "joke" post to make the meaning clear for any future readers.

Maybe you should post a follow up.. I know that "joke" went out via the xml feeds, which is probably where most people read it. If you just edit it, will it show up on that?
05 Apr, 2010, Asylumius wrote in the 13th comment:
05 Apr, 2010, Hades_Kane wrote in the 14th comment:
I recall one April Fools I restrung the colors of a few handful of things (who list, score sheet, etc) to the "skittle puke" color scheme and changed the greeting of my MUD to represent a DBZ theme… I was amused :)
0.0/14