06 Apr, 2010, Runter wrote in the 101st comment:
Votes: 0
ProjectMoon said:
Hello, everyone. I have been lurking at this site for some time. I was originally directed here by flumpy after I contacted him about his telnet library. I have been working on what I know of to be the slowest-developing MUD project in existence for the past 6 years. I started it around 2004, and have only finally begun to make major headway into providing world scripting capability that areas are built on, data persistence, etc. This is probably because I have a tendency to rewrite the code as I see fit a lot. Months of coding can save weeks of design!

Greetings, outlander.
06 Apr, 2010, flumpy wrote in the 102nd comment:
ProjectMoon said:
Hello, everyone. I have been lurking at this site for some time. I was originally directed here by flumpy after I contacted him about his telnet library. I have been working on what I know of to be the slowest-developing MUD project in existence for the past 6 years. I started it around 2004, and have only finally begun to make major headway into providing world scripting capability that areas are built on, data persistence, etc. This is probably because I have a tendency to rewrite the code as I see fit a lot. Months of coding can save weeks of design!

o_O

Hey I should get commission or something… if it weren't a free site 'n' all.. ;)

Welcome, btw :)
07 Apr, 2010, ProjectMoon wrote in the 103rd comment:
flumpy said:
ProjectMoon said:

o_O

Hey I should get commission or something… if it weren't a free site 'n' all.. ;)

Welcome, btw :)

Yes, as you can see I registered quite a bit ago… However, i am finally here for real. I should have my stupid MUD running live soon (backing up files on the machine to be used as a server as I type this).
09 Apr, 2010, Motley wrote in the 104th comment:
Hi,

I thought I would take this opportunity to introduce myself a little seeing as I bothered to register.

My real name is Dan, I am a Java developer in my day job.

I am pretty new to the whole MUD thing the only one I have really played much,is it can really be called a MUD was Wolfenburg a Games Workshop propriety game a good few years ago. I have always been interested in game design though and played around writing snippets of code for different games idea a few years ago. I have played a few indie pnpRPG's which are a big influence on me.

At the moment I have got it into my head to play around with some different ideas I have to see how they work in a small scale MUD this is more an intellectual exercise for me, I don't really expect any one to want to play :-). So I am probably going to be asking some pretty stupid questions should I stick around.

I'll probably pop into a more appropriate place to ask some questions later.

Regards,
Dan.
09 Apr, 2010, Runter wrote in the 105th comment:
Motley said:
Hi,

I thought I would take this opportunity to introduce myself a little seeing as I bothered to register.

My real name is Dan, I am a Java developer in my day job.

I am pretty new to the whole MUD thing the only one I have really played much,is it can really be called a MUD was Wolfenburg a Games Workshop propriety game a good few years ago. I have always been interested in game design though and played around writing snippets of code for different games idea a few years ago. I have played a few indie pnpRPG's which are a big influence on me.

Regards,
Dan.

Welcome to the community.
25 May, 2010, Mr_Logic wrote in the 106th comment:
Hi. Andrew here. Games have been a lifetime hobby of mine, so I've been toying with the idea of writing my own MUD for years. I envision something like a cross between LORD, HeroQuest, Dungeon Hack, and probably a few other unrelated games. I'd bet just about anything that's not what the end result will resemble, though.

I've recently pulled out some old Perl code and decided to try and make it happen again. So far I've got the rough makings of a mildly interesting chat server. But hey – that's progress! :P

I like medieval fantasy dungeon crawlers, in case you couldn't tell. I also like detailed roleplay at times. At some point I intend to prove those two concepts aren't mutually exclusive.
25 May, 2010, flumpy wrote in the 107th comment:
Welcome Andrew!
25 May, 2010, 3squire wrote in the 108th comment:
BTW, Happy Anniversary of Registration Runter! Sigh, turning 4 already. And with 1600 posts, you've posted here nearly once a day for FOUR YEARS!

Quite an achievement, if I do say so myself!
25 May, 2010, Runter wrote in the 109th comment:
I think we still have a week to go before the big bash. ;)

But thank you for your kind words.
10 Aug, 2010, GhostInAProgram wrote in the 110th comment:
Hey guys, haven't really introduced myself yet.

My nickname is Ghost. I've always liked the supernatural and I'm pale, so it fit. Lol.

I'm currently coding my very first MUD in Python and I need as much help as people are willing to give me! :]
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to me thus far, won't let you down! :3

I'm a pretty fun person to hang out/chat with so whenever you need a shoulder to place your bored person upon IM me on Yahoo!

-Ghost
27 Aug, 2010, Nyro wrote in the 111th comment:
Hey folks, Nyro here.

I'm a student from Israel, been interested in books and games all of my life and when I found out about MUD's that combined both, oh dear. :-)

Currently working on a codebase of my own for a RPI MUD.
27 Aug, 2010, Chris Bailey wrote in the 112th comment:
Pleasure to have you, Nyro! =)
14 Sep, 2010, Garick wrote in the 113th comment:
Hello everyone!

Garick is a relatively new name of mine. I've worked on quite a few Muds over the years, mostly as a builder. A group of fellow Mudders and I have decided to start our own, so here I am. Hopefully you guys won't mind, because, since I'm new, I plan on asking a good number of questions.

Anyway, I'll be around. Good to see such an active community!
14 Sep, 2010, ATT_Turan wrote in the 114th comment:
Welcome aboard, Garick :)
20 Sep, 2010, Quarlash wrote in the 115th comment:
Howdy Everyone

My name is Nick and I've been a part of the mudding community since 1998. I've lurked and posted and left and posted and lurked and left and any other combination therein on TMC and other forums for years. Returning now, I'm happy to look forward to a casual embrace of a long-time hobby and this looks like a great place to situate.

I currently work at a large domain registrar in their Network Operations Center as an Analyst. I live in Canada and have worked through post secondary education in business and computer science. I hope to return to university for further studies, though I've yet to decide the discipline (Law or Medicine are the two favourites at this point).

My day to day life (Both Hobby and Career) has me working in a dozen programming / scripting / markup / query languages and maintaining multiple linux systems. I can't say I've mastered any languages, but it's certainly an interesting task when your first true applied computer science employment gives you more than a decade of legacy code to maintain and develop. I predominantly enjoy C, as it was my first language, and working in C with flat file databases has given me a deep appreciation for SQL in later projects.

I have other personal development projects I work with daily as well, and CentOS for project work has been my OS of choice for a little while now (I still favour Ubuntu on the desktop, but work in 64-bit Windows 7 mainly due to software/employment requirements).

I believe for the next little while, I'm going to abstain from hands on development / playing of muds and try out the support / contribution / lurking aspect of contributing to the community. Not to mention, being away from Muds for a handful of years, I'm behind on the times (Even if times seldom change :wink:).

I look forward to interesting conversations, and I'll be happy to pass along a helping hand when I can.

- Q
20 Sep, 2010, Runter wrote in the 116th comment:
Welcome to the community. I hope Ruby was one of those dozens of languages. :)
20 Sep, 2010, thaolen wrote in the 117th comment:
Hello some of you know me as thaolen and many probably do not.
Currently I'm working on a MUD called "Dragons Cave", it too is python based with the NakedMud codebase as its foundation. I'm a novice programmer, learning python as I go.

I love RPG type games, and enjoy Mud, these days I don't play so often as I did during 97'. I was known as Almark on a mud called 'GreyStone'. Maybe some of my buddies from those days are around mudbytes.

One day about a month ago I thought maybe I could start a mud of my own, and It looks like this is becomming a reality, however I have a lot of things to do, mostly coding.

Thanks for the opportunity to introduce myself and the MUD i'm working on.
23 Sep, 2010, Bobo the bee wrote in the 118th comment:
Hey gang, I'm Bobo (my Bee seems to be more a lazy drone rather than a busy buzz, but life can do that sometimes, can't it?). I'm currently in the early stages of writing up a Dawn of Time based MUD that will be RP Enforced and, ideally, showcase some of my ideas as to how to advance MUDs beyond what they are now. Simple dreams and visions of what I consider to be the Ideal MUD power the drive. I've been a MUDder only since my Freshman years of Highschool in 2003 and have gotten around to several places since then.
23 Sep, 2010, Davion wrote in the 119th comment:
Welcome Bobo! Sorry about the registration thing :P
23 Sep, 2010, Bobo the bee wrote in the 120th comment:
Davion said:
Welcome Bobo! Sorry about the registration thing :P

It's just the man trying to keep me down, man. Or something. I dunno, I'll just blame the government for your problems. It seems like the newest fad since 4000 BC. It's no problem, really. I was just crazy confused.
Bobo, while at his Computer, said:
Is MudBytes, like, some sort of super-elite MUD admin only crazy place?
Are they hiding it just to @#$(*$! with me?!
What sort of stupid forum doesn't have a register button?
What sort of stupid user can't find the register button?!
Does God hate me for coding on a MUD? Is this his punishment?
Ooo an Article by KaVir. I love KaVir.. *dreamy sigh*
Girlfriend: Who's KaVir? Oh, the Godwars guy? I love KaVir…
100.0/221