24 Jun, 2007, kikyo wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Well first off let me start off with thanking you all for the helping me in my time of need… I am glad to say that my dream mud is almost ready. We are coming close to our deadline and I am sad to say that the areas are nowhere near where they should be… I have been searching for builders for the past week, lets just say good help is hard to come by these days… So now I am turning to you guys, if you know anyone looking for a building job and is willing to help, or if you are looking for a building job, My door is open… Granted there will be a test before being hired…

Now for the basic info you need.
Codebase: Smaug (dbsaga highly modified)
Theme: A mixture of dragonball z and other animes. (mostly dragonball right now)
Projects: basicly right now we just want to rebuild all stock areas.

Mud Info: divineright.org:9996

I hope to create a dragonball z mud that will not be a joke.
25 Jun, 2007, kiasyn wrote in the 2nd comment:
kikyo said:
Now for the basic info you need.
Codebase: Smaug (dbsaga highly modified)
Theme: A mixture of dragonball z and other animes. (mostly dragonball right now)
Projects: basicly right now we just want to rebuild all stock areas.

theme: decide on your theme before you start building areas, this way the areas can use all bits of themes available, instead of just walking off a dbz themed area and into a ..naruto? themed area (i dont know anime lol)

projects: i wuold start off by designing the basic plan of your world - cities that fit in with your story, etc.
25 Jun, 2007, kikyo wrote in the 3rd comment:
ah thanks for the advice…
I am not sure on how I am going to do the other anime theme yet… But right now its bacisly all Dragonball and dragonball related anime.
25 Jun, 2007, Brinson wrote in the 4th comment:
Haha, don't expect a warm welcome. DBZ muds are the new godwars…

You'll need to prove to everyone your not the run of the mill POS dbz mud that pops up overnight and loses its players due to powertripping imms overnight.
25 Jun, 2007, Zeno wrote in the 5th comment:
If you want to show that you are not just another DBZ MUD, you shouldn't have started from DBSaga. Start from something like stock Smaug. Then people will easily tell it is a completely different DBZ MUD from the other clones out there when they sign on.
25 Jun, 2007, Metsuro wrote in the 6th comment:
The big question is, why start from stock? the path was already started why not just stick with it, and fix/ modify it?
25 Jun, 2007, Midboss wrote in the 7th comment:
Because then you end up with the same thing, fixed and/or modified.

Do I win anything?
25 Jun, 2007, Metsuro wrote in the 8th comment:
No you lose time to achieve what was already done for you.
25 Jun, 2007, Zeno wrote in the 9th comment:
Because why have all of the same things as dozens of other DBSaga clones out there? If you want to greatly change the codebase, you'll be going backwards and removing features. Why do that when you can just start from stock? Not only that, starting from FUSS will be a great improvement from stock Smaug (thus stock DBSaga).
26 Jun, 2007, Brinson wrote in the 10th comment:
If you do them yourself you can do them more geared to your specific game. It creates a more unique and custom atmosphere.
26 Jun, 2007, Midboss wrote in the 11th comment:
Aw, I thought it was a game show type deal. I never get to win anything.:(
26 Jun, 2007, Omega wrote in the 12th comment:
You won in my books Midboss..

Have a pie…. On me! (literaly. ;)
26 Jun, 2007, Brinson wrote in the 13th comment:
Looks like Darien's offering you one night with that freaky animal in his avatar.

Its going to be wild.
26 Jun, 2007, Midboss wrote in the 14th comment:
I do believe I've been scarred for life.
26 Jun, 2007, Omega wrote in the 15th comment:
Scarred for life eh….. That hurts… Now my pride is evil and my pie is going to be thrown into a pie.
27 Jun, 2007, Midboss wrote in the 16th comment:
Darien said:
Now my pride is evil and my pie is going to be thrown into a pie.

…ya lost me.

Anyway, to the OP: You should probably come up with a bit more background info. I know a lot of builders especially, will want in character background info about a MUD before they sign up. Another concern you might want to address is the theme, making it a grab bag is very likely to work against you, unless you've really thought through how the different elements will be brought together.
27 Jun, 2007, Omega wrote in the 17th comment:
I confused myself with my own statement, so its okay midboss.
30 Jun, 2007, Hades_Kane wrote in the 18th comment:
One thing I like about MudBytes is how a DBZ MUD posting didn't automatically turn into a flame war.
30 Jun, 2007, Midboss wrote in the 19th comment:
Oh right, I forgot to flame him/her/it/them/sandwiches. Tch, next time…
30 Jun, 2007, Brinson wrote in the 20th comment:
Hades_Kane said:
One thing I like about MudBytes is how a DBZ MUD posting didn't automatically turn into a flame war.

I <insert explitive>ing hate you, <insert explitive here>.

<insert further derogatory statements>

<Repeeat sentence one with slight variations.>
0.0/32