08 Jun, 2010, Kayle wrote in the 41st comment:
Votes: 0
You didn't even know about this. So don't even play it off like you did.

Edited by Orrin.
08 Jun, 2010, Ix wrote in the 42nd comment:
Davion said:
Kayle said:
No, You're just being a douche.

I would have tested to make sure the ban stuck to all channels. You should thank him. He showed you that your ban changes missed a channel. He didn't break any rules when he did it. It was you guys that did it anyway. You changed the way the ban code worked without verifying that it worked without flaw. So now you're going to ban him over KiaCode? Way to go.

Just enough rope to hang himself ;)

Edited by Orrin
08 Jun, 2010, Cratylus wrote in the 43rd comment:
Davion said:
I checked the logs for icode, and you had spoken in there during the course of your ban.

Let me get this straight.

You ban me from IMC2 entirely.

Then you limit the ban.

Then you get mad at me when I find out that your unexplained borders of where I can talk
were incorrectly implemented, and that's my fault for trying to figure out the unexplained borders.

So you threaten me with more ban.

Does that about sum it up?

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
08 Jun, 2010, Davion wrote in the 44th comment:
You guys are cute ;)
08 Jun, 2010, Katiara wrote in the 45th comment:
Davion said:
You guys are cute ;)

So instead of taking anything seriously, you chose to degrade your users? I personally find that statement harassing.

You failed at your job as an admin because you don't like Crat and allowed him to get under your skin. Then you decided to take IMC2 and MB down with you. Enjoy your weird little crazy forums. I don't feel like you are able to even begin to take criticism or fix what you have done.
08 Jun, 2010, Davion wrote in the 46th comment:
I'm supposed to take insults seriously now? Hmm
08 Jun, 2010, Mudder wrote in the 47th comment:
Dude, seriously? Is this really going on?

Maybe mudbytes is a different forum community than where I come from but this is just ridiculous. You fume and rage and curse at someone then tell them to act like an adult?

You are all acting like 13 year old school girls. Grow up. The ban isn't permanent, or at least wasn't at the time. It isn't really that big a deal. I'm certain someone can go without IMC2 for 3 days. Yet instead people are just acting like pricks toward the admins.

Crat, as is widely known, can be a dick. He picks and curses and blatantly disrespects others for no apparent reason (at times) other times he has a reason. Whether he has a reason or not, he only ever elevates the situation and TRIES to piss people off.

As fine as I am with him, as an admin I see the need to essentially let him know he needs to chill out. A temporary ban is only a small slap on the wrist. And to anyone out there that claims Crat was "only giving constructive criticism" then you have definitely lost touch with reality and what that phrase means. He was obviously trying to stir something up.

Sometimes a bunch of little things add up to create one big thing. Crat's things added up. Why is this such a shock?
08 Jun, 2010, Cratylus wrote in the 48th comment:
Davion said:
I'm supposed to take insults seriously now? Hmm

I'm pretty sure there are legitimate concerns expressed in this thread which are not insults, which you have not addressed, despite being admin.

-Crat
08 Jun, 2010, Cratylus wrote in the 49th comment:
Mudder said:
Crat, as is widely known, can be a dick.

It would appear, mudder, that if indeed admins are being picked on in this thread, they are not alone.

-Crat
08 Jun, 2010, Kayle wrote in the 50th comment:
Mudder said:
You are all acting like 13 year old school girls. Grow up. The ban isn't permanent, or at least wasn't at the time. It isn't really that big a deal. I'm certain someone can go without IMC2 for 3 days. Yet instead people are just acting like pricks toward the admins.

Because he never violated the rules.
Because the ban was just made permanent over a mistake on Davion/Kiasyn's part.
And Because this has all been personal, and not the act of a rational administrator.

People have talked of leaving the IMC2 network over this. Others have talked of leaving MudBytes over this. Some have discussed leaving both.
08 Jun, 2010, Davion wrote in the 51st comment:

It was? When did I say that?

People have talked of leaving the IMC2 network over this. Others have talked of leaving MudBytes over this. Some have discussed leaving both.

If that's all it takes… wow ;). Hey, you guys can have ad placement to whatever site you startup. I'll be even happy to host you! Just take him with you. (I'm not being sarcastic)
08 Jun, 2010, Kayle wrote in the 52nd comment:
Davion said:

It was? When did I say that?

It was implied. Congratulations though. Your actions today are comparable to Kyndig's when MudBytes was founded. How's that feel?
08 Jun, 2010, Davion wrote in the 53rd comment:
Davion said:
Might be permanent considering you circumvented the ban a few times

Pretty sure that still means it's undetermined.

–Kyndig.
08 Jun, 2010, Kayle wrote in the 54th comment:
Davion said:
Might be permanent considering you circumvented the ban a few times

You claim he did it a few times. When in fact he did it once. He said Fart on icode. And it only got through because You or Kiasyn fucked up your ban modifications.
08 Jun, 2010, Mudder wrote in the 55th comment:
Cratylus seriously. You're a valuable member of this community. You give great posts and everything. You're helpful with your tons of links to relevant sources (much of them are your own). But don't even pretend like you're innocent.

Do you truly think it is necessary to put into a rule book that raging out of control against others and simply trying to piss off random people is unacceptable? I haven't read the rules but in no forum should that be allowed. He was given a temporary ban given his behavior. Perhaps not at a single time, but added together it is certainly justified. I'm shocked this is even being challenged.

Davion never said it was a perm ban. Only that it could become permanent if Crat keeps acting out. This is legitimate Admin behavior as far as I am concerned. What would you rather them do? Sit there and take abuse?

Mudbytes seems to have a very strange mentality. People feel as if they own the site and that the Admins are paid workers expected to carry out their wishes. Well the fact is that they are doing this as a sort of hobby, the same as you do for your own MUD. How would you act if Crat was simply a player on your MUD doing the same things to you?
08 Jun, 2010, Davion wrote in the 56th comment:
You claim he did it a few times. When in fact he did it once. He said Fart on icode. And it only got through because You or Kiasyn fucked up your ban modifications.

I'll keep that in mind when making the decision.
08 Jun, 2010, Katiara wrote in the 57th comment:
Katiara said:
Davion said:
You guys are cute ;)

So instead of taking anything seriously, you chose to degrade your users? I personally find that statement harassing.

You failed at your job as an admin because you don't like Crat and allowed him to get under your skin. Then you decided to take IMC2 and MB down with you. Enjoy your weird little crazy forums. I don't feel like you are able to even begin to take criticism or fix what you have done.

Katiara said:
This is exactly why I am outraged over this whole situation.

1. You update IMC2 Rules and change unwarranted hostility towards newbies to just unwarranted hostility - This is fine and great.
2. Within hours, you ban a user and quote him this changed rule as a reason for the ban but don't warn - The ban itself would have been fine had the rules been in place longer OR you followed your own procedures and warned him. Instead you allowed your emotions to take control and ban him and use the recently changed rule when in reality it is because Crat now is able to get so under your skin you have lost all objective ability.
3. After the 3 day mark, yes it has come and gone, you state he was now banned for months of abuse. - First of all, stay consistent! Once again, emotions are in play here, no real admin authority.
4. He is still banned and now you have displayed more "unwarranted hostility" toward Crat than I have seen anyone else display in the past three days. Honestly, do your job right or give it to someone that can. I am sorry you can't control your temper but if you want to admin here without people pointing out how you are failing, try harder.

I didn't insult you. I criticized your poor handling of the situation. If you feel insulted, take a look at why that it is. Instead of addressing, you said "you guys are cute" and belittle and harrass your users.
08 Jun, 2010, Davion wrote in the 58th comment:
You are not a guy, m'lady. Just because I don't pick apart your reply, doesn't mean I don't read it.
08 Jun, 2010, Cratylus wrote in the 59th comment:
Mudder said:
I haven't read the rules

I think you lack some important information and also lack context. I understand you're
apparently outraged. I think it might be worthwhile to consider that the folks who are
taking exception to the way this happened are largely solid contributors and stakeholders.

Read their posts as well, here and in the two other threads about this. And please
also read the rules.

-Crat
08 Jun, 2010, Ix wrote in the 60th comment:
Davion said:
You are not a guy, m'lady. Just because I don't pick apart your reply, doesn't mean I don't read it.

Oh I see, so now you're going to discriminate against the female users? "You are not a guy, m'lady."

So what you're saying is, you only take seriously male posts?
Random Picks
40.0/122