25 Jun, 2010, Orrin wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
So I've just gone through some stats for advertising we've done for Maiden Desmodus and I thought I'd share the results here for anyone who might find them useful. These are since February this year.

TMS Banner
Clicks: 337
Created an account: 33
Created a character: 23

TMC Banner
Clicks: 542
Created an account: 89
Created a character: 62

Google adwords
Clicks: 1036
Created an account: 29
Created a character: 17

Facebook
Impressions: 7184
Clicks: 0
25 Jun, 2010, Davion wrote in the 2nd comment:
If you don't mind me asking and you telling, how much did all that cost. Also, in hind sight, was it worth it?
25 Jun, 2010, Scandum wrote in the 3rd comment:
I had 78 characters created on my test mud from my tt++ advertisements, guess I'm under charging. :(
25 Jun, 2010, Zeno wrote in the 4th comment:
On subject, here's statistics of my Facebook app (no advertising, listed in the directory) for my MUD. Since Sept:

Usage Statistics
Monthly Active Users: 173
Total Users: 2,310
Wall Posts: 8
Reviews: 14
28 Jun, 2010, Scandum wrote in the 5th comment:
Davion said:
If you don't mind me asking and you telling, how much did all that cost. Also, in hind sight, was it worth it?

TMS is $25 a month with unlimited impressions. TMC is $25 a month for 5000 impressions. I think Google adwords start at $0.05 per click. A text banner on TinTin++ is $100 a year.
28 Jun, 2010, Vladaar wrote in the 6th comment:
Two years ago I advertised on mudconnect and topmudsites. While did get a little more traffic, for the cost I found it is completely not worth it. I got better results from players writing reviews.
28 Jun, 2010, KaVir wrote in the 7th comment:
Vladaar said:
I got better results from players writing reviews.

Sadly TMC has a hard limit of 10 reviews per mud (ever), while the TMS reviews have been disabled for (quite literally) years. I guess you could ask players to write reviews in the promotion sections, but that feels a bit odd somehow.

What I would really love to see is a mud list containing data generated through MSSP, with a review system similar to Amazon (except without the anonymous part, so that you could easily cross-reference all reviews by any particular reviewer).
28 Jun, 2010, Orrin wrote in the 8th comment:
KaVir said:
What I would really love to see is a mud list containing data generated through MSSP, with a review system similar to Amazon (except without the anonymous part, so that you could easily cross-reference all reviews by any particular reviewer).

In an attempt to make MudGamers a little more review friendly I've added a reviews page that shows the last 10 reviews/comments as well as reviews by author.
28 Jun, 2010, Asylumius wrote in the 9th comment:
Scandum said:
I had 78 characters created on my test mud from my tt++ advertisements, guess I'm under charging. :(

Is there a way for a MUD with an already stable playerbase to determine the conversion rate / ROI (so to speak) of the tt++ ads, other than simply asking new players where they came from?
28 Jun, 2010, Vladaar wrote in the 10th comment:
Orrin said:
KaVir said:

In an attempt to make MudGamers a little more review friendly I've added a reviews page that shows the last 10 reviews/comments as well as reviews by author.

Great job Orrin, but you know what would really help for reviews on mudgamers would be if they had their own box on the front page, close to new games, most popular, and top rated. You sort of have that, but you have to click on a link to see it. So if they had their own box it would help. Heh, seems silly to debate over having to click a link, but if it is not directly on front page, does not seem to get the interest.
28 Jun, 2010, Scandum wrote in the 11th comment:
Asylumius said:
Is there a way for a MUD with an already stable playerbase to determine the conversion rate / ROI (so to speak) of the tt++ ads, other than simply asking new players where they came from?

tt++ reports its terminal type using the TTYPE telnet negotiation, so you can log the terminal type of new players, and compare them to historical statistics.
29 Jun, 2010, Vladaar wrote in the 12th comment:
KaVir said:
Vladaar said:
I got better results from players writing reviews.

Sadly TMC has a hard limit of 10 reviews per mud (ever), while the TMS reviews have been disabled for (quite literally) years. I guess you could ask players to write reviews in the promotion sections, but that feels a bit odd somehow.

Hey it appears the mudconnector does allow more then 10 reviews. Someone just submitted another one for my mud, and I have way more then 10 reviews total. So that is some good news.
http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/prev/r...
19 Sep, 2010, Rojan QDel wrote in the 13th comment:
Out of curiosity, how did you track which users registered from which links - do you have web-based account creation or is there another way?
0.0/13