08 Oct, 2010, Ssolvarain wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
So, I'm retheming rom to sci-fi in case you didn't know or care. I was thinking that instead of trying to plumb the depths of my nerd culture trivia… I could gather bits and pieces from other people.

So, I've redone Hassan as a Dreddnought AI's avatar. Why? Cause Judge Dredd was the man. Stalone… was also the man. But in different movies. I'm also making service mobs in Midgaard into AIs. Some are present through projection… some have avatars… and the unloved and un-prioritized just have a box in the wall.

So, I'm gonna list a few NPCs from the Midgaard ship (yes, it's a ship now. Full of spacemen.) and you could suggest a different name for it as some nerdy reference. It'll be fun! Do it!

beastly fido
The thief
The beggar
The grocer
The armorer
The pets… dog cat wolf… ok.

That's enough… So, any suggestions would be appreciated and immortalized. (or is it mortalized? I imagine it will be completely gone one day.)
Also: drink names. Like that one from the almighty "trilogy". I forget the name. Of the drink.
09 Oct, 2010, Ssolvarain wrote in the 2nd comment:
I feel like Logan :/
09 Oct, 2010, Runter wrote in the 3rd comment:
Since we're focusing on pop-gone-flat culture I humbly submit the following.

Fido-> phone spider
10 Oct, 2010, quixadhal wrote in the 4th comment:
If any old sci-fi reference will do, I'd nominate my favorite thief… Vila Restal. Of course, Kerr Avon was a more fun character, but you'd need an electronics wizard with a bad attitude to use him. :)
10 Oct, 2010, Newt wrote in the 5th comment:
Ssolvarain said:
Also: drink names. Like that one from the almighty "trilogy". I forget the name. Of the drink.

"The best drink in existence is the Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster. The effect of drinking one of these is rather like having your brains smashed out with a slice of lemon, wrapped around a large gold brick. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy will tell you on which planets the best ones are brewed, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which voluntary organizations exist to help you recover afterwards.

"Fortunately, the Guide also tells you how you can make one yourself." (And, of course, it's gin-based.)

Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster
1 bottle Ol' Janx Spirit.
1 measure Santraginean seawater.
3 cubes frozen Arcturan MegaGin.
4 liters Fallian marsh gas.
1 measure Qualactin Hypermint Extract.
1 Algolian Suntiger tooth.
Zamphour to taste.
Olive garnish.

Take the juice from one bottle of the Ol' Janx Spirit (see page 15 of the actual Guide).

Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V – Oh, that Santraginean seawater, it says. Oh, those Santraginean fish!

Allow three cubes of Arcturan MegaGin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzene is lost).

Allow four liters of Fallian marsh gas to bubble thrugh it, in memory of all those happy hikers who have died of pleasure in the marshes of Fallia.

Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qualactin Hypermint Extract, redolent of all the heady odors of the dark Qualactin Zones, subtle, sweet and mystic.

Drop in the tooth of an Algolan Suntiger. Watch it dissolve, spreading the fires of the Algolan suns deep into the heart of the drink.

Sprinkle Zamphour.

Add an olive.

Drink… but… very… carefully.
10 Oct, 2010, Ssolvarain wrote in the 6th comment:
Recipe from "Spiders" Nightclub in Hull,UK

invented in 1981 By george mercer and mark borril, formely known as a firebird special, and is a combination of a harvey wallbanger and a tarantula! named so because anybody who drank one passed out , Very nice and a pint of it is served for the reasonable price of 3.20

* 25ml Vodka
* 25ml Pernod
* 25ml Galliano
* 25ml Blackcurrant
* 25ml Orange juice
* Enough cider to top up

This is the most drinkable form of it I've found, in case anyone was interested.

And I should prolly mention that the npcs where there are more than one (like thieves and fidos) prolly won't get their own specific name. Delta grade criminal for the thief. I've replaced the wimpy act with a hp% trigger, where he will yell "I will live forever, or die trying!" and runs away.
10 Oct, 2010, Ssolvarain wrote in the 7th comment:
Oh, which phone spiders were we talking about Runter? I just realized I missed your post in there.
10 Oct, 2010, Runter wrote in the 8th comment:
The phone spiders of fame. Release the phone spiders.
11 Oct, 2010, Ssolvarain wrote in the 9th comment:
These phone spiders?

I can work with that, if that's the case.
0.0/9