14 Dec, 2010, RoFAdmin wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hey all-

So ive been stuck at home recently, and decided to tinker around with an old ROM based mud i used to run. Compiles and runs and such, but there are just a couple warnings that are bothering me id like to get cleaned up. They are as follows.

login.c:238 assignment makes pointer from integer without cast.
*****code*****
pwdnew = crypt( argument, d->account->name );
***** end *****

login.c:258 passing arg1 of 'str_cmp' makes pointer from integer without cast.
*****code*****
if ( str_cmp( crypt( argument, d->account->password ), d->account->password ) )
***** end *****

im also getting warnings about implicit declaration of "read" "write" and "close" in comm.c and implicit declaration of crypt in my login.c

Im assuming this is most likely because im using cygwin instead of a true shell account since i dont remeber having any warnings or errors before, but id like to clean these errors up none the less.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

oh yes and gcc version is 3.4.4

_-RoFAdmin-_
14 Dec, 2010, Saak wrote in the 2nd comment:
hey!

the crypt thing.. I think that u can fix it when adding to the Makefile under C_FLAGS -DNOCRYPT
Dont have time to tinker around, but that should fix it.
14 Dec, 2010, RoFAdmin wrote in the 3rd comment:
Heya-

Thanks for the reply, while that does technically work, what it does is turn off encryption of passwords all together. Which if thats what i have to do while working locally that is fine, but i was hoping to figure out the actual cause of the problem.
14 Dec, 2010, Tyche wrote in the 4th comment:
It looks like you are getting an implicit declaration of crypt(), where the compiler believe the return value of crypt() is int and not char*.
Remove or comment out all the ROM declarations of crypt() in merc.h and instead include the 'unistd.h' header in merc.h

im also getting warnings about implicit declaration of "read" "write" and "close" in comm.c

Same deal. read() and write() declarations are found in unistd.h header.
14 Dec, 2010, RoFAdmin wrote in the 5th comment:
Lol, leave it to tyche to have the answer im looking for. You never fail me sir! Thank you and good day.
0.0/5