12 Apr, 2011, Chris Bailey wrote in the 81st comment:
Votes: 0
Note that I only format the HD on my primary >PC<. I'm not trying to assist the hard drive, I'm trying to assist my installation of Windows. I install 20-30 new programs a day for some reason, and never uninstall anything. My crap gets bloated fast. =P
12 Apr, 2011, Cratylus wrote in the 82nd comment:
I don't really understand the "cute" thing. If the machine isn't really a problem because you
have beefy boxes you prefer, then I guess the "cute" part was me wasting my time thinking
there was a problem to help with.

By the way, I'm still not sure what to make of this:

sankoachaea said:
I happened to have just created a character on Achaea (for the first time since 1999 - before Achaea developed their second of three codebases) named Sanko and decided to use the handle here for no reason other than a curiosity of how identifying myself as such would be received by a community of (primarily) hobbyist developers who might view themselves as being in competition with IRE.

Maybe the "cute" thing is a clue to understanding your participation here as
being primarily lulz based?

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
12 Apr, 2011, sankoachaea wrote in the 83rd comment:
@Chris Bailey: You're last two posts were quite amusing and I mean that in a good way.. but yeah, frequent formatting definitely doesn't do an aging hard-drive much good. Windows is another story.

@Cratylus: Cute is like when a guy tries to help a girl with something she's totally capable of doing just to be friendly. That kind of cute. My participation here is decidely un-lulz based. I didn't mean to give the wrong impression, I manage to keep my machines running alright and I'm at least slightly familiar with the task-manager. I only mentioned it in regards to IE/Mudbytes, not as a general plea of "save my PC."

As far as the other bit goes, it's like a shortcut for me. Tyche has his little script to filter posts from people he doesn't want to hear from but how do you identify those people? Anyone who cares whether I play Achaea or not is concerned with issues I have no time to deal with. The way you present things and the name you do it under is important… to people who are concerned with superficial things.

I'm concerned with code.
12 Apr, 2011, David Haley wrote in the 84th comment:
FWIW, the way you present things is hardly a mere superficial issue in the slightest. But that's neither here nor there, I suppose…
12 Apr, 2011, chrisd wrote in the 85th comment:
sankoachaea said:
I'm concerned with code.

Is that why you spend so much time bickering with people?
12 Apr, 2011, sankoachaea wrote in the 86th comment:
chrisd said:
sankoachaea said:
I'm concerned with code.

Is that why you spend so much time bickering with people?

It's negligible if you're comparing it to how much time I spend dealing with code.

I agree, David, but I work with programmers who barely speak English all the time - my peers tend to dismiss them (and their ideas) on account of terrible presentation… which is funny, because their code is better. (I know 'better' is a relative term but I use it here with confidence.)
80.0/86