12 Sep, 2007, darkraider wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hello,
my name is Rick. I am new to mudbytes. I am working on my own mud and I need a place That I can have it hosted for free. I have tryed signing up at a few free hosting site with no results. My muds name is Age Of Carnage. my Idea is a classic mud theme with RP Optional but prefered. I want to allow pk only in certain rooms and with clan to clan.
There is still alot of work needed one it and I really need a server to host me even through my devlelopment stages. I want to have questor mobs, Remort Chamber (like the one that is aardwolf.) I want it to be newbie friendly as well as fun to play I want to allow char's to be able to buy a manor for them selfs and there spouses if married. I have alot of ideas on what I want to intergrate. For the time being during the development stages I should only need 2-3 ports. After development and a good amount of areas installed i would want to have a builder port where builders can build on a seperate running version of the mud to build there areas on. I want to keep my imm staff down to 10 at the most.
I hope someone can please help me thank you…

Rick
12 Sep, 2007, Zeno wrote in the 2nd comment:
You know I offer free hosting for MudBytes members, right?
http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=topi...
13 Sep, 2007, darkraider wrote in the 3rd comment:
zeno I have Just read your post but i do not meet your requirements of one week member and 5 posted forum messages. I would love for you to host me but I would like to get my mud running by tomarrow. If you were to waver those requirements that would be great and helpful. have been reading the forums here and I know im going to stick around here. There is alot of imformative posts here unlike other sites I have read and posted on.
13 Sep, 2007, Conner wrote in the 4th comment:
Oh, you're only a week and three posts away from meeting his requirements. :wink:
If you go post a few more times in reasonably contributory fashion, you'd only have to try to talk him into waiving a few days rather than ask him to waive everything for you. :smile:
13 Sep, 2007, darkraider wrote in the 5th comment:
I have alot of ideas and posted a few i really hope he will host me as i really need hosting bad
13 Sep, 2007, Conner wrote in the 6th comment:
And there's your #5 post. :wink:
13 Sep, 2007, darkraider wrote in the 7th comment:
ill have to wait he will not let me slide on the week thing but oh well its his server lol i just want to get to work so bad lol
14 Sep, 2007, Conner wrote in the 8th comment:
They say good things come to those who wait, a week won't kill ya'. :wink:
14 Sep, 2007, tphegley wrote in the 9th comment:
It will show your dedication if you can wait 1 week. :)
14 Sep, 2007, darkraider wrote in the 10th comment:
and i guess i will lol
06 Oct, 2007, jjack wrote in the 11th comment:
Obviously the last post in this thread was more than a week ago, so this is kind of stupid to bring it up now….

but you COULD install server software on your machine, telnet into localhost and start building in the mean time.
08 Oct, 2007, Conner wrote in the 12th comment:
Not stupid, just a bit late.. but otherwise a very valid point for others who might find themselves in the position of having to wait for a host like this.
15 Apr, 2008, Magus wrote in the 13th comment:
I am also patiently waiting. I mean hey, it's not a bad deal. A week of your time and 5 contributions to the community I'd say is a small price to pay to actually get hosted. Lord knows what the other "freemudhost.com" people will make you do before you get one, including make you a sign contract with the devil and you have to have a picture ID of you in a zebra costume, do six beyonces, ten happy turtles (and photographic evidence of you kissing a gay man for some). I mean this list of requirements could go on forever but I'm sure you know what I mean.

I know it's not exactly a "right away" type thing like you wanted, but it's way better than nothing at all.
16 Apr, 2008, Conner wrote in the 14th comment:
I sooo don't want to know which hosting providers you've talked to.. :lol:
16 Apr, 2008, Kjwah wrote in the 15th comment:
Conner said:
I sooo don't want to know which hosting providers you've talked to.. :lol:

That's pretty much all that was running through my mind.. lol
25 Oct, 2008, cuthbert wrote in the 16th comment:
If you're looking for a free host just to get started, and don't plan on having people connect but yourself. I would suggest, like others have, of running your own server, on your current computer. Microsoft offers a free download of Virtual PC, which allows you to install Linux on your current machine.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/product...

Just download that, download a Linux distro (ie: Fedora, Debian, CentOS, etc.) install it on the Virutal PC run, and there you go, your own personal server to start off with.
26 Oct, 2008, Runter wrote in the 17th comment:
Or you can go to andLinux.org and check out that. It's quite nice for the same purpose.
26 Oct, 2008, cuthbert wrote in the 18th comment:
Never heard of that one, I'll have to check that one out too. Thanks Runter.
26 Oct, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 19th comment:
Runter said:
Or you can go to andLinux.org and check out that. It's quite nice for the same purpose.

I still find it amazing how others like yourself have jumped on the Andlinux bandwagon. I find Andlinux to be just perfect for all my linux needs and since discovering it have tried to promote it to everyone that i can.
26 Oct, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 20th comment:
I'm a fan of anything that allows for a replacement of cygwin.
0.0/36