31 Jul, 2011, arholly wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hello:
I cannot find a point of reference for it in the code (and it's possible I'm missing it), but what is one unit of weight equal to in your standard stock ROM? Is it 1/10 of a pound or some other measurement?
31 Jul, 2011, Kline wrote in the 2nd comment:
I believe it's just an arbitrary number with no unit of measurement other than "weight". It is its own unit of measurement.
31 Jul, 2011, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 3rd comment:
I have gone with oz…because most of the players are US based….
31 Jul, 2011, Tyche wrote in the 4th comment:
arholly said:
Hello:
I cannot find a point of reference for it in the code (and it's possible I'm missing it), but what is one unit of weight equal to in your standard stock ROM? Is it 1/10 of a pound or some other measurement?

Yes.. each unit of carry weight is 1/10 of a pound (or 1.6 oz).
At least that's how I read it from the stock Rom do_score() function.
01 Aug, 2011, arholly wrote in the 5th comment:
Thanks. that is what I thought.
02 Aug, 2011, Exodus wrote in the 6th comment:
Rarva.Riendf said:

That may be a bit too small of a scale. I don't think most US residents would think much about it, but if they did they probably wouldn't say, "Gee, this is heavy. I must be wearing at least 400 ounces of gear today".

One could perhaps use a larger unit (either real or made up) and use a decimal to represent the weight so that very small things can be quantified.

This breastplate weighs 27.2 lbs
This gold bracelet weighs 0.1 lbs

Just my 0.02 dollars
02 Aug, 2011, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 7th comment:
Exodus said:
Rarva.Riendf said:

That may be a bit too small of a scale. I don't think most US residents would think much about it, but if they did they probably wouldn't say, "Gee, this is heavy. I must be wearing at least 400 ounces of gear today".

One could perhaps use a larger unit (either real or made up) and use a decimal to represent the weight so that very small things can be quantified.

This breastplate weighs 27.2 lbs
This gold bracelet weighs 0.1 lbs

Just my 0.02 dollars

Well the way you show it is really up to you. I changed the thing so I use /16 to get pound on some displays (every total is in pound, every single item is in ounce)
It is only a cosmetic matter. But internally I decided one unit is an once. (considering the stock code it was the closest thing). The yhing that really matters is that most weight should make sense. Though again, in a magical world even an anvil can fly on its own:)
0.0/7