07 Apr, 2011, Runter wrote in the 141st comment:
Votes: 0
melopene said:
Do I really need to introduce myself?

I'm Melly. I've been around for years, off and on. I'm that girl who always would start up quotefile threads on whatever board was popular at the time. I am silly. I recently posted a tell-all (well, not all, but enough) on TMS.

You old farts should remember me.

*nod*

I don't, but I'm not as old as Tyche or Crat, or well, just about any of the old farts around here. :)
07 Apr, 2011, Dean wrote in the 142nd comment:
melopene said:
I recently posted a tell-all (well, not all, but enough) on TMS.

*nod*

It kept me entertained on my short lunch break today. Welcome.
07 Apr, 2011, Kaz wrote in the 143rd comment:
melopene said:
You old farts should remember me.

Welcome back, Muse!
17 Apr, 2011, Mot wrote in the 144th comment:
Hello :)

My name is Carly and I'm a coding novice mostly working with Lua.

I'm not entirely sure why I registered here but I'l'l take this opportunity to indicate that I'm not a bot!

Ciao :)
18 Apr, 2011, Chris Bailey wrote in the 145th comment:
Thanks for pointing that out Mot. Welcome to MB.
14 Jun, 2011, Raduryn wrote in the 146th comment:
Hiya! I'm Raduryn, whom no one knows. My first MUD was back when I was just starting college classes, at the tender young age of 16. I stumbled across Abandoned Realms, a ROM PK MUD, by accident, but fell in love… eventually, taking my entire friend group into the game. There was nothing more epic than the 4-6 of us all dropping into the computer lab on a lazy afternoon, booting zMUD from thumb drives and grouping together to wipe out the unlucky denizens of AR. This was also the first time that I've really realized that I have no particular love for PvP games in general, feeling more at home pitting my mind against a computer.

So, with that revelation, and the overall death and decay of the AR playerbase (which is actually still running, believe it or not)… I began searching for something else to play. I'd never even really gamed before this due to restrictive parents, so I was completely unaware of what it looked like. I ran into New Worlds, where I found roleplaying for the first time. I loved it and spent a couple of years there.

From then on, I've been jumping all over the place, enjoying the Iron Realms games, as well as others, but not ever really calling another MUD home again. I finished my Bachelor's in Mathematics, couldn't find a job… and now work as a software developer for a company making Car Dealership Management systems in COBOL and BASIC.

I've been dreaming of the perfect MUD for a while now, so I'm working on beginning my training in C and LPC, so that I can begin work on my very own MUD… which will be more of an educational product, than anything with high hopes of ever opening too much. So, yes… that's me in a nutshell, oh except I'm also starting classes again towards another Bachelor's degree in COmputer Science. ;)
14 Jun, 2011, plamzi wrote in the 147th comment:
Raduryn said:
I've been dreaming of the perfect MUD for a while now, so I'm working on beginning my training in C and LPC, so that I can begin work on my very own MUD… which will be more of an educational product, than anything with high hopes of ever opening too much.

Welcome, Raduryn, and best of luck with your project.

By the way, I believe all MUDs are educational – that's part of what's making them such an acquired taste. I was reminded of that just the other day when I saw a player who had the word 'eclecticism' in his title – spelled correctly!
15 Jun, 2011, Raduryn wrote in the 148th comment:
Thanks, Plamzi, I look forward to getting into some development soon. This job that I have now being the first time that I've really been exposed much to development, it's been a fascinating look at a professional approach to the whole development thing, and I love it. I do know that this particular company needs some help in the standards/enforcement area, but even so… it's pretty neat working with code all day long.

In my opinion, everything should be educational to some extent or another. What's the point of doing something if you're not learning from it?
20 Jun, 2011, Kjwah wrote in the 149th comment:
Raduryn said:
In my opinion, everything should be educational to some extent or another. What's the point of doing something if you're not learning from it?

Just about everything is educational one way or another. :D

Anyways, welcome to MB. :D
22 Jun, 2011, AppendixG wrote in the 150th comment:
Hello, I'm Matt from Appendix G, we are an extremely small group of people who want to make fun, story-driven independent games.

I started playing MUDs way back when I was 14 or 15 years old, starting on one called Endless Nameless. A friend and I then starting putting together a very primitive game from modified ROM code. I took a break for several years and returned right about the time I started college, starting with Achaea then moving to Lusternia and finally set out to explore all of the options available.

Somewhere in the middle, I did some design work for a few larger social gaming companies and learned that I didn't want to do that for much longer. About that time, me and a friend started Appendix G and began work on our project, a MUD that combines a bunch of genres: metafictional, post-apocalyptic, fantasy, western and horror.

I'm a big fan of literature (working at a bookstore ensured I was only partially sober all throughout college) and want to make and play games that challenge the player and present them with realistic and intensely deep source texts; for the same reason that Dune is one of my favorite books, I suppose, because it so richly defines the history and culture of the worlds it contains that the reader can't help but feel like some small part of it.

I think MUDs provide an awesome opportunity for this kind of storytelling and narrative presentation and I hope that one day I can really bring something meaningful to the table.
22 Jun, 2011, Idealiad wrote in the 151st comment:
I like what you're aiming for Matt, welcome to MB, :)
22 Jul, 2011, The_Doctor wrote in the 152nd comment:
Hello, I am The Doctor from pingasmux and fiction. We've got a community (or had until vermax died.) of about 5. Lots of fancy coding though, including a T.A.R.D.I.S, a poodle, a delorean, a few variations of sonic screwdrivers, and a whole ton of other wickedly cool stuff. I began muxing 4 years ago when I stumbled into fiction and was eaten by a player. I fled, but curiousity got the better of me and I stuck around until noid started pingasmux and we've been working our way up ever since. I try to design things that are fun and somewhat useful. That's why I'm here, so I can continue coding and creating. I also accept ideas on stuff to make so if you have any ideas, I'll be happy to make it.
09 Aug, 2011, qyrekii wrote in the 153rd comment:
Hi! My name is Qyrekii and I know nothing about code! Maybe just to start up the mud if it crashed. Played mud for a while now.. the first experience left quite an impression on a young lad.. lost in the Sewers on Creeping Death, a pure pk ROM mud, without a light! I moved from mud to mud, playing TTG, Legends Untold and others.. all great muds! After they went down, I kept trying to track down the owners to see if they could put it back up.. but after years of trying (and not able to find a similar mud).. no hope. Then I found here.. hoping with a book and these uploads here, I can mold something so my friends and I can reminisce.

but yeah, it was terrifying when I first got here, reading all your posts.. a very technical and knowledgable bunch. Although I have 0 experience as far as coding goes.. I am very passionate about muds, so don't hate!
09 Aug, 2011, Idealiad wrote in the 154th comment:
welcome Qyrekii! Enthusiasm and something to work on will get you a long way, so you're off to a good start already.
20 Aug, 2011, rubysaturna wrote in the 155th comment:
Hi, I'm Ruby and I'm in the process of creating a postcyberpunk-themed roleplaying MOO =) Part of why I came here is because I'm looking for builders and coders; I'm finally coming to appreciate just how big of a project it can be for one person!
13 Oct, 2011, Joseph Locke wrote in the 156th comment:
Hello Mudbytes-

My name is Joseph Locke. I am not a programmer by trade but I have an intense and growing interest in software engineering. I am a long time MUD enthusiast and semi-professional gamer. I am working on a few projects right now which are loosely connected, albeit none of them "serious". I'm friendly and I enjoy discussing a wide variety of topics.

Most of all, I hope I can learn a thing or two from the community and maybe even give something back.

See ya' around.
30 Apr, 2012, Eldaehc wrote in the 157th comment:
Hey, I am Eldaehc. I have been know by many names over the years through various online/table top games. I think I spent more time on a MUD then any other game though. Most of my time spent on Muds was on Aftershock, a little Ack! mud. I was an Immortal there for a while as well. I am currently in the process of seeing if I can resurrect my old mud I ended up making as a side project.
14 Jun, 2012, MisterWigggles wrote in the 158th comment:
Hi, I'm Mister Wiggles. I've been mushing for about 10 years. I got my start as a builder for Ashriva, a game that never opened. My first mush I played on was Dragonball Z: Chronicles. My friend brought me over and left right afterward. I've been playing and staffing every since then. I've made one Mush, that still active, called Naruto Mush Rivalries.

I'm currently making a mush based on Dresden Files, called Navitas: City Limits. A lot of the design focus has been about fighting Continuity Bubbles, and ensuring that rp cliques actions affect others and other are aware of each other.

I'm moderately involved in the making of another mush called Bleach: Memento Mori, which is a sequel to Bleach: The Beginning. A fair amount of the ideas, and code I've design or made for Navitas has been applied to Bleach: MM.

I'm currently working on the A3 Combat System, which is game system meant for high action role play dependent combat. It supports none combat roles, transformations, equipment and entire none combat skill contest system. This combat system is being used on Navitas and on Bleach: MM.
14 Jun, 2012, kiasyn wrote in the 159th comment:
14 Jun, 2012, MisterWigggles wrote in the 160th comment:
*chuckles*

Good to know.
140.0/221