04 Feb, 2012, Axanon wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
In the Diku license it says:
If you wish to setup a version of DikuMud on any computer system, you
must send us a message , by snail-mail or e-mail, and inform us where
and when you are running the game. (remember to include
your address, name etc.)

I'm curious as to how many people actually follow this part of the license?
04 Feb, 2012, Runter wrote in the 2nd comment:
I don't know, but instead not following the license I would just not use the code. My best guess is people ignore the parts of the license they don't like. At the very least, disrespecting the wish of the authors. I can't speak to the legalities of this one.
04 Feb, 2012, David Haley wrote in the 3rd comment:
My best guess is that nearly nobody follows it. In fact I'm not sure most people even know how to get in touch with those folks anymore.

In the greater scheme of which license clauses to break, that seems like a rather harmless one to break and I'm not sure they even care, but it's still violating the license.
04 Feb, 2012, Tyche wrote in the 4th comment:
It's pretty easy to follow. Just send the email.
04 Feb, 2012, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 5th comment:
Should you do it when you move of server. Take over an old game. Restart it after a few years dead ?
04 Feb, 2012, Hades_Kane wrote in the 6th comment:
I followed it. Every email I sent to bounced back, however, I feel when the license requires you to send the information to a certain address, it isn't the responsibility of the user to worry if the email addresses the license requires you to send the information to is valid.

Send the emails, watch them bounce back, and you've followed that portion as far as I'm concerned.
05 Feb, 2012, darkozx wrote in the 7th comment:
I know this has nothing to do with this topic but Hades, your signature is awesome looking. I like how you set up the MUD screen to be scrolling behind it. Now only if I could see what it was saying.
05 Feb, 2012, Hades_Kane wrote in the 8th comment:
darkozx said:
I know this has nothing to do with this topic but Hades, your signature is awesome looking. I like how you set up the MUD screen to be scrolling behind it. Now only if I could see what it was saying.

Hehe, thanks :p

It was actually a discussion about the banner, I was collecting ideas and opinions on it and decided to screen cap that for the image.
06 Feb, 2012, David Haley wrote in the 9th comment:
It's probably the least obnoxious animated gif signature this site has ever seen. :smile: (And not only is it not obnoxious, it's nifty.)
06 Feb, 2012, Exodus wrote in the 10th comment:
Did someone say obnoxious gifs?
06 Feb, 2012, Kaz wrote in the 11th comment:
Back when I last worked on a DikuMUD, we did indeed send an e-mail, and had one of the original team (Kahn, IIRC) poke around and say hi for a few minutes.
06 Feb, 2012, Cratylus wrote in the 12th comment:
David Haley said:
It's probably the least obnoxious animated gif signature this site has ever seen. :smile: (And not only is it not obnoxious, it's nifty.)

Did anybody save Igabod's old "I love asian girls" animated gif sig? I thought I'd kept it but I can't find it now :(
06 Feb, 2012, KaVir wrote in the 13th comment:
Kaz said:
Back when I last worked on a DikuMUD, we did indeed send an e-mail, and had one of the original team (Kahn, IIRC) poke around and say hi for a few minutes.

Kahn was from the Merc team, you didn't have to email him ;) Actually I think it was Kahn who popped onto GW2 a few years back, too.

I don't recall ever getting a response from the Diku team (in fact I'm fairly sure my email bounced, even all those years ago).
07 Feb, 2012, Dean wrote in the 14th comment:
I imagine quite a few people don't bother to follow this clause. For what it's worth though, I did and watched my emails bounce.
0.0/14