06 Dec, 2011, David Haley wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
Sounds good, thanks.

It makes me kind of sad-face that a codebase would be released with a bug like that, but oh well. :sad:
06 Dec, 2011, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 22nd comment:
28 May, 2012, halmud wrote in the 23rd comment:
Did anyone ever find a solution to this? The odd thing is, It never happened at all for me, but then out of nowhere (no code changes during this time) it started to happen all of the sudden….
29 May, 2012, Vatiken wrote in the 24th comment:
This should solve the problem:
In interpreter.c: enter_player_game()
character_list = d->character;
char_to_room(d->character, load_room);
load_result = Crash_load(d->character);

/* Save the character and their object file */
save_char(d->character);
+Crash_crashsave(ch);

/* Check for a login trigger in the players' start room */
login_wtrigger(&world[IN_ROOM(d->character)], d->character);

This bug actually entered CircleMUD 3.5 on it's December 11, 2006, release by way of a 2001 copyover snippet from the CircleMUD ftp. The actual cause and effect of this bug was a incorrect rent code due to a copyover which allowed for the OP's issue for about 5 minutes until the player was auto-saved with the correct rent code. While a "huge" concern, it was obviously not "glaring" as it has not been reported once, to the best of my knowledge, in the last 6 years.

Although this bug isn't as epic as originally made out to be, it would be nice in the future if bugs of any size could be reported over at tbamud.com, so as they don't linger in the codebase for 6 years.
29 May, 2012, halmud wrote in the 25th comment:
I could be wrong, I'm sure you are much more experienced than I am, But it is undeclared as ch, should it be d->character?

So..

save_char(d->character);
+Crash_crashsave(d->character);
29 May, 2012, Runter wrote in the 26th comment:
Although this bug isn't as epic as originally made out to be, it would be nice in the future if bugs of any size could be reported over at tbamud.com, so as they don't linger in the codebase for 6 years.

I can't imagine a bug much worse than this for a game in production.
29 May, 2012, Vatiken wrote in the 27th comment:
save_char(d->character);
+Crash_crashsave(d->character);

I ported the code late last night and didn't catch it so you are absolutely correct, my mistake.
20.0/27