24 Mar, 2013, Jhypsy Shah wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I've been noticing these sites lately and I thought I'd mention it because I felt it was a fresh breath of air. I guess they'd be like an interactive fiction, of sorts? I've read one the other day, on inklewriter, called "Disease of Madness", pretty cool.

I was just looking at a site called choiceofgames.com, looks pretty simple:

http://www.choiceofgames.com/looking-for...

I was also curious if anyone else on MB had any thoughts on them or the style?
24 Mar, 2013, Idealiad wrote in the 2nd comment:
Yes choice-games have got a little comeback these days, especially on mobile. Check out Tin Man Games, Varytale, and StoryNexus too.

I like the style, then again I played a lot of gamebooks as a lad. I don't know, do kids read books these days? ;)
24 Mar, 2013, Ssolvarain wrote in the 3rd comment:
This series on Newgrounds isn't too bad.
24 Mar, 2013, Jhypsy Shah wrote in the 4th comment:
Nice to know that the style isn't dead..maybe a little more undead than I remember. XD

I can recall some books from way back that actually used characters, with stats and such. Like a solo adventure type game, ya scribbled as ya read. It seems like at least one of those might have had DnD (whatever their name was back then) or some big RPG involved in it.

It also seems like facebook had a DnD app that was kinda simular style, within the past few years but from what I remember of that, it seemed pretty simple and got rather repetitive, pretty quick. Of course FB wanted you to spam your FBnetwork for buffs.

The sag' from newgrounds was different. I'm still not sure if taking the med kit and/or canned food, from the begining, actually served a purpose..I died alot trying to find out. XD

If the rumors of Newgrounds Literature portal are true, I have to wonder if they will have something like that going on? I would think that there are better places to option scripts and for epublishing otherwise but I would have to say, something like that really suits their site. NG also has the 18+ site too, so I guess that's a little different as far as outlets go. Some stories just don't seem to flow right when censored.

So far, I think I like the style descriptive, maybe averaging 100-200 a page or so.

Fun stuff. Thanks for sharing. XD
24 Mar, 2013, Arithorn wrote in the 5th comment:
I assume you all know that Lone Wolf is also making a comeback?

The Dev's are being a little vague on features, but it appears to be a mobile choose your own adventure game.
http://lonewolfthegame.com/
24 Mar, 2013, salindor wrote in the 6th comment:
I know this is going to sound funny, but when it was describing a mud as a type of choose your own adventure story that got me into writing one again.

Thank you for sharing the links, I didn't think to actually search for choose your own adventure.

Salindor
25 Mar, 2013, Idealiad wrote in the 7th comment:
Arithorn said:
I assume you all know that Lone Wolf is also making a comeback?

The Dev's are being a little vague on features, but it appears to be a mobile choose your own adventure game.
http://lonewolfthegame.com/

Interesting, sounds less like a gamebook and more like a normal video game though. I think ProjectAon also has released original Lone Wolf books for some mobile devices.
0.0/7