16 Apr, 2013, Hades_Kane wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Our VPS changed data centers, so End of Time is experiencing a little bit of temporary down time. The name servers are updating and I've got to get the port forwarding script running again for port 23 to continue to point to the right place.

For now, the game can be connected to via host/ip: 66.221.0.71 and port: 4000

Apologies for the inconvenience.

This is now our new and permanent IP address as well if anyone is used to using the IP instead of the host for connecting. Once the name servers update and I et the script running, eotmud.com : 4000 (and 23) will work again.
30 Apr, 2013, Hades_Kane wrote in the 2nd comment:
Just an update that everything is working as it should, although I'm still having difficulties figuring out an iptables/nat table issue.

For now, I have updated all of our listings to only include port 4000. If you were connecting via port 23, please update all of your connection information.

Apologies for any inconvenience and especially if anyone was reliant on port 23 being open.

I haven't given up, but I thought it best to just redirect everyone to port 4000 for now.
30 Apr, 2013, Zeno wrote in the 3rd comment:
What's the issue with port 23? I asked on the MUD but people were idle. :P
30 Apr, 2013, Lograk wrote in the 4th comment:
Somehow during the VPS move from quantact, they completely fubarred his Ethernet/nat settings. He doesn't even have ipconfig. Nor can he apt-get anything without it not being available or not found. It's terrible. He's going to have to get in touch with the server admin.
30 Apr, 2013, Hades_Kane wrote in the 5th comment:
Lograk said:
Somehow during the VPS move from quantact, they completely fubarred his Ethernet/nat settings. He doesn't even have ipconfig. Nor can he apt-get anything without it not being available or not found. It's terrible. He's going to have to get in touch with the server admin.

What he said!

Quantact was apparently bought out by Corespace, and so they migrated all of the accounts from Quantact's servers to their's… something doesn't seem to have transferred right.
30 Apr, 2013, quixadhal wrote in the 6th comment:
Probably a new policy to "protect" you, since telnet is a horrible insecure protocol. My ISP used to block incoming port 23, 25, and 80.
30 Apr, 2013, Lograk wrote in the 7th comment:
quixadhal said:
Probably a new policy to "protect" you, since telnet is a horrible insecure protocol. My ISP used to block incoming port 23, 25, and 80.

It could be, it could also be the server admin not allowing port forwarding for security reasons, but regardless, it should be up to the owner of the VPS to decide what's safe for their VPS. But the main problem is that he doesn't even have the option of allowing port forwarding, nor does he have the ability to apt-get the modules for it. But, I blame Debian..
30 Apr, 2013, Zeno wrote in the 8th comment:
Hey at least you didn't have the issue I had with my first VPS:

Port 4020 is not open on our external firewall. You can choose to either subscribe to our optional Custom Firewall service or use one of the following available, unused ports for your application:

Charging me to open ports even though I used a VPS. :/
0.0/8