22 Aug, 2013, Skol wrote in the 101st comment:
Votes: 0
The ansalon one from above, with and without the index.php.
It goes to the game's launcher, but the other window with the connection doesn't appear.
22 Aug, 2013, plamzi wrote in the 102nd comment:
Skol said:
The ansalon one from above, with and without the index.php.
It goes to the game's launcher, but the other window with the connection doesn't appear.

What happens when you press "play" in Game Center?

Do you see any JavaScript errors?

If you're logged in to the site, can you try to log out and then access the link?

Also, try the link with '&clean' parameter to see if that makes a difference.
22 Aug, 2013, Skol wrote in the 103rd comment:
When I press Play, nothing.
I didn't see any errors, but I didn't have a debugger on.
I didn't try logging out.
Clean worked! But it goes directly to the telnet window, none of hte other game links or trigger/etc.
- Dave.
23 Aug, 2013, plamzi wrote in the 104th comment:
Skol said:
When I press Play, nothing.
I didn't see any errors, but I didn't have a debugger on.
I didn't try logging out.
Clean worked! But it goes directly to the telnet window, none of hte other game links or trigger/etc.
- Dave.

Guys, can anyone else reproduce the issue Skol is seeing in Chrome with incognito mode off?

The URL is:
http://www.mudportal.com/play?host=ansal...

You should be seeing the Game Center window in the background, and a Scroll Window for Arcane Nites in the foreground.

If you don't see that, let me know if there are any JavaScript errors on the page.

Try this logged in and as guest, if you can.

Your help is appreciated.
23 Aug, 2013, Kober wrote in the 105th comment:
108 messages are hidden by filters. Show all messages.
Viewport argument value "device-width;" for key "width" is invalid, and has been ignored. Note that ';' is not a separator in viewport values. The list should be comma-separated. play?host=ansalonmud.net&port=8679:158
Viewport argument value "1.0;" for key "initial-scale" was truncated to its numeric prefix. Note that ';' is not a separator in viewport values. The list should be comma-separated. play?host=ansalonmud.net&port=8679:158
Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token { /app/js/modules/Socket.js?v=14:197
Uncaught ReferenceError: Socket is not defined index.php?option=com_portal&task=get_core:36
FB.getLoginStatus() called before calling FB.init(). all.js:56

From the javascript console on Chrome 30.0.1599.14 beta-m
23 Aug, 2013, Kober wrote in the 106th comment:
The game screen loaded, but no images or anything did.
23 Aug, 2013, Kober wrote in the 107th comment:
Loads fine for me now. Doing it as a guest
23 Aug, 2013, plamzi wrote in the 108th comment:
Kober said:
Loads fine for me now. Doing it as a guest

Thanks for helping. Unfortunately, the errors you caught were temporary due to today's tinkering and I don't believe they're related to Skol's issue, which I guess we've had no luck so far in reproducing :(
23 Aug, 2013, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 109th comment:
Clearing the cache made it works for me btw. (so it was not extension related at least for me)
23 Aug, 2013, plamzi wrote in the 110th comment:
Rarva's issue fixed.

MXP multi-select in Chrome fixed.

Will take a look at iPad / tablet useability next.
23 Aug, 2013, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 111th comment:
Hmm some side effect for mxp it seems:

(White Aura) Panthea, the +|divine priestess|+, raises her hand in benediction.

becomes

(White Aura) +|divine priestess|+, raises her hand in benediction.

Basically the word with mxp was eaten. Probably a problem with a combo of color and mxp tag, as it works in some other places. (to get to panthea you need to go full west enter world, recall, then it should be one or tw o room away (scan should show it directly for most races)

Oh and could you at least make the initial windows 120 column pretty please :) We are not in the 80 columnsu eighties anymore :)

edit: btw the choice of the basic font is gorgeous.
23 Aug, 2013, plamzi wrote in the 112th comment:
Rarva.Riendf said:
Basically the word with mxp was eaten.

*burp* Fixed.

So, any one of you guys have 256-color support?
23 Aug, 2013, Skol wrote in the 113th comment:
I didn't put it in yet, probably soon though (although next week is camping, that's out )
- Dave.
23 Aug, 2013, Skol wrote in the 114th comment:
Btw, the MXP seems to be working correctly now everywhere I try it.
Awesome stuff you have going with this plamzi :)

- Dave.
23 Aug, 2013, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 115th comment:
Kavir snippet support 256 color so I guess he probably uses it in GodWars2. I use it but never tried to use any other color than the basic one.
23 Aug, 2013, plamzi wrote in the 116th comment:
Rarva.Riendf said:
Kavir snippet support 256 color so I guess he probably uses it in GodWars2. I use it but never tried to use any other color than the basic one.

Seems like 256 colors would be a quick add, but I'm not going to push for it if not many games use it.

Maybe I should focus on something more sexy next. I'm thinking of porting the vector mapper module I started for Bedlam.
23 Aug, 2013, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 117th comment:
Dunno what it means, but…256 color not a priority either :)
Oh I noticed a weird behaviour as well.
As the play windows is small (pleeeease make it 120 column) I resize it, and the first time you resize it it makes it move (firefox 23)
A close button would be great as well.
23 Aug, 2013, Ssolvarain wrote in the 118th comment:
We've begun using 256 colors on End of Time. A few channels have been recolored, and a few newer areas have been using them.
23 Aug, 2013, Hades_Kane wrote in the 119th comment:
Yeah, we are using it a bit, but we aren't leaning heavily on it yet. The thing is, though, that many of our players have actually converted to other, more modern clients that support unicode and 256 color support because we have been increasingly integrating those into the game.

I can't help but to think that any client / web app that is being developed in this day and age is tugging alongside zMUD and gmud without supporting those. Unicode support would also be instrumental in any games that may be looking at developing their own custom fonts for their games.

I have actually spent several hours working on a custom font for EoT, although that has been on the backburner for now. The idea is that using the blank or undefined unicode characters in a font like Unifont, I will create dozens of world map tiles for our wilderness system, likely other tiles and such for some of our ascii menus, and then for those players that want to use the font, they will have what will be as close to a graphical experience as they can using text. Additionally, I plan on releasing several versions of the font as well, where the core character set will be taken from other popular fonts used by MUDers, so that most everyone will be able to have their normal texts and symbols the same, just with the added benefit of the Unifont's unicode characters and the MUD specific tiles. This is something I also intend to release publicly as well.

But in anycase, I don't expect anyone to develop a client or web app on the wishes of one MUD, but even if a ton of MUDs aren't using it currently, it does still seem like something that ought to be supported, as I can't imagine many MUDs who make use of those features to encourage their players to use the webapp if they won't be getting the full experience. Supporting these would also even further solidly place the webapp above some of the other existing clients as well, and I would think that making the webapp a more attractive option than many of the clients would be part of the goal, too. /pitch
23 Aug, 2013, plamzi wrote in the 120th comment:
Hades_Kane said:
I can't help but to think that any client / web app that is being developed in this day and age is tugging alongside zMUD and gmud without supporting those.

Comparing zMUD and gmud to a web app is comparing apples and oranges. I'm hoping that this orange will far exceed what the apples were ever capable of. But that's going to take more than two weeks, and if only one developer is working on it, then there is only one queue for features.

If someone has a table mapping 256 color ANSI colors to web colors, and a game where I can see many colors fairly easily, I can add support for this within a few hours.

In other words, I need an assist more than a lecture :)
100.0/279