19 Dec, 2013, donky wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Are you involved with text-based gaming? If so, whether your involvement is in mudding, roguelikes, interactive fiction, gamebooks, browser games or maybe even somethine else, please consider writing an article for Imaginary Realities.

Imaginary Realities is an online journal which originally ran from September 1998 to December 2001, primarily focused on mudding. It has been revived, and had published a new issue just recently, which you can find here:

http://journal.imaginary-realities.com/v...

If youre interested in the older issues, you can also find them here:

http://imaginary-realities.disinterest.o...

Find more details about suitable article topics here:

http://journal.imaginary-realities.com/v...

Please email me before writing an article, to confirm that the topic you are interested in writing about, is both suitable and within our range of coverage at this email address:

richard.m.tew@gmail.com

Articles should be in the range of 1000-4000 words, and need to be received by January 31st, 2014. Longer articles are possible for serialisation, with approval required.
21 Dec, 2013, Ssolvarain wrote in the 2nd comment:
Out of curiosity, are collaborative pieces allowed?

I'm not a very good writer, but I am an experienced builder. I wouldn't mind working on something building related, if they're interested.
21 Dec, 2013, donky wrote in the 3rd comment:
Sure, if you can find someone else. You should just write it yourself, and not worry about your writing. I doubt many of us would claim to be good writers. Mostly I imagine people just start typing and things work themselves out.
21 Dec, 2013, Ssolvarain wrote in the 4th comment:
Ok, thanks.
22 Dec, 2013, Viriato wrote in the 5th comment:
Good morning.
This is perhaps an odd question being taken at this time, but for whom are the articles? Players? Coders? Builders? People outside MUD world? Some articles to one of these groups, some to other? All articles to be able to be read everyone?
Thanks!
Viriato
22 Dec, 2013, donky wrote in the 6th comment:
Mostly developer (builder/coder) focused. But there is scope for player-related articles to go in.
23 Dec, 2013, Viriato wrote in the 7th comment:
I don't have the skills to do such articles, but would be excelent if I could point friends that never played a MUD to Imaginary Realities, to make them get interested in mudding.
23 Dec, 2013, donky wrote in the 8th comment:
I'm sure there will eventually be articles which you can point them to, but it would be pretty boring for the rest of us to read if all of them were targeted that way. Not to mention there is nobody offering to write the kind of articles you want. That said, if anyone wants to offer to write introduction to mudding articles, they'd be most welcome!
27 Dec, 2013, Viriato wrote in the 9th comment:
And I would add "needed" too:) Thank ye for the replies.
04 Jan, 2014, donky wrote in the 10th comment:
If you're wanting to write an article but haven't gotten in touch, please do. We have maybe three offers to write articles from non-editors, and those are not guaranteed articles. The number of offers we received for first issue were much more promising.
25 Jan, 2014, donky wrote in the 11th comment:
The article submission deadline is at the end of January, or around six days away. If you're working on an article, keep this in mind. If you still wish to work on an article, and can get it done in time, please get in touch.

We've already received two articles of around six offered. Unfortunately, there wasn't as many articles offered this time around, but if the rest of the articles pan out we should have enough for a reasonably sized issue.
25 Jan, 2014, Idealiad wrote in the 12th comment:
An idea just came to me, let me see if it works out.
27 Jan, 2014, Ssolvarain wrote in the 13th comment:
I'm kind of excited…
27 Jan, 2014, donky wrote in the 14th comment:
We're up to four articles, thanks to Ssolvarain and Drakkos.
0.0/14