19 Aug, 2014, Atolmasoff wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Really, the game is hardly anywhere. But I'm opening it to folks to come see progress. The goal here is to try to clone Trenton's DBZ(FE) as closely as possible. Not adding a bunch of extra stuff.

Not to take away from any of the other successful clones of this MUD, but most are made in a different language etc… so I figured I'd do what I can with a typical codebase.

feclone.mudhosting.net 1111

As of now, don't expect much. You'd pretty much just be sitting and talking while I test stuff.

Currently I'm working on the combat system. Already mostly there, just have to keep plugging on it. I started this MUD this AM, and to be honest, have made fantastic progress. It may sound crazy, but I really don't see the PvP mechanics of the game being too hard to do.

The Mob AI will probly slow me down a day or two, but yea..

Again, wanna see what's going on? Here's the address again.

feclone.mudhosting.net 1111
20 Aug, 2014, Atolmasoff wrote in the 2nd comment:
Just posting updates as I make them…

- Combat system functionality is mostly in as of now. Punches and Tech blocks seem to be working and timing properly.

Next Update: Hopefully….

- Tech Block Stuns and Combos added in
- All Melee style attack abilities and defenses. (Minus anything Ranged)

So hopefully, after my next update, combat will be somewhat functional, and I can atleast get some opinions on things. Off I go to do some more.
20 Aug, 2014, Atolmasoff wrote in the 3rd comment:
Sorry for any crashes ahead of time. If it doesn't pop back online, im probably debugging.

Also, NPC combat does not work yet. This is super, very early alpha

Otherwise, check back ASAP.
20 Aug, 2014, Atolmasoff wrote in the 4th comment:
All basic combat skills seem to be in and functional. Obviously tweaks will be applied wherever needed.

Punch, Sweep, Roundhouse, Dodge, Jump, Parry have all been added in. Powerlevel gains are also awarded on some blocks, but I have not got stuns and combos in yet. Those come next.

Again, NPC combat is not functional, but it's coming up on the list.
20 Aug, 2014, Ssolvarain wrote in the 5th comment:
What codebase are you using?
20 Aug, 2014, Atolmasoff wrote in the 6th comment:
It's based off of Rom 2.4 But the code has been almost completely bypassed.

I'm just comfortable working with this codebase, and so far I haven't had any issues.

Currently adding in a 255x255 world map that will work off a coordinate system. So currently working out the formulas to return the correct results when people are in negative coordinate numbers.

And by Gutted, I mean I've just ignored most of player creation. Combat is going to be completely disabled, and most commands removed. I just don't feel like creating all of the background things when I can just change ROMs to do my bidding.
20 Aug, 2014, Ssolvarain wrote in the 7th comment:
Oh, cool.

Whenever you manage to get your NPC combat working, I wouldn't mind stopping in to take a look.
22 Aug, 2014, Atolmasoff wrote in the 8th comment:
Guess I'll start working on that now then. At least the framework for it so I can expand later.
22 Aug, 2014, Atolmasoff wrote in the 9th comment:
Well, I have a good start for it. Still testing, but NPCs will now attack you if you attack them. I haven't incorporated tech blocks into it yet, so they won't block you as of now.
23 Aug, 2014, Atolmasoff wrote in the 10th comment:
So I broke somethin, and had to go to a backup. :) Sorry if you tried to log and got DC/ed. That's fixed. Now just to re-do the NPC combat. :)
0.0/10