19 Nov, 2013, zenaple wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
This is not an actual, massively multiplayer mud, but rather a semi-multiplayer game for the sake of itself. It's text based with a graphical element, and set on a vast, planetary world, with a multitude of playable race and class combinations.

The goal is to stop a storm which will destroy the planet after about an hour of playing (although you can continue playing the same character). If you triumph, genetically modified dragons emerge and begin to destroy the planet again. There's also a zombie apocalypse, so good luck.

Once you have created a character, type the word "list" by itself to begin learning commands. Use these commands to overcome the challenges which you find while exploring. If you discover a bug, please report it. Any feedback is a greatly appreciated.

- eternalcity.netai.net

You can download the executable or play it via shockwave in your browser. The download includes an updated readme text with commands, tips, race list and class list with skills. There's also source code available for Director MX 9.0 or later, if you're interested in modding or doing a similar creation.

Love and hugs.
19 Nov, 2013, plamzi wrote in the 2nd comment:
zenaple said:
…or play it via shockwave in your browser.

I'm interested in browser-based MUDs so I took a look at the site several times, but couldn't figure out how to play the game in my browser. I think you need to spend some time making it easier. I doubt that many people will be willing to download and run your .exe file.
20 Nov, 2013, zenaple wrote in the 3rd comment:
thanks Plamzi,

the whole website changed recently. it used to be that the only thing you could do was interact with a shockwave loader that led to the game. I sort of forgot that shockwave is a bit obscure , but the dcr file (shockwave) is part of that list, or, at the bottomish of the page is a button-like link to open the dcr in a new window.

the truth is that I think Adobe bought shockwave just so they could ruin it, because that's all they've managed to do with it. Depending on your browser and version of the shockwave plug-in, it might put up a fuss :( although throwing the dcr into a browser window should manage to work.

if I could do the whole thing over again I would have learned javascript instead. shockwave is being too suppressed, probably because the technology threatens to make the most powerful multimedia too user friendly, and we can't have normal people competing with game companies, now can we?

thanks again, i'll see if there's another way to lay it out.
20 Nov, 2013, Chris Bailey wrote in the 4th comment:
I came across the same issue as Plamzi. I'd also suggest investing some time to make getting started more intuitive.
21 Nov, 2013, Tyche wrote in the 5th comment:
Lobsterbear!? :-)
02 Jan, 2015, zenaple wrote in the 6th comment:
New website: http://heartofeternal.org/arcade.html
New update: http://heartofeternal.org/ark/maia.zip

2014 release notes:

Fixed:
– Spider web properties.
– Ring properties.
– Bug preventing light checks.