12 Feb, 2015, Splork wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I thought I had seen every line of our code over the past 15+ years and then, as I was debugging a crash core today, I came across this:

struct affected_type *is_list_affected(struct char_data *ch, int af_apply)
{
/* Searches the affected_by linked list for an affect with
af.location = af_apply, returns it if found, returns NULL
if not found ; Mod by JPM, 7 Jan 1992 */
struct affected_type *af = NULL;

af = ch->affected;
while((af) && (af->location != af_apply))
{
af = af->next;
}

return af;
}

It doesn't seem like much to most but for us to discover a comment from one of our Creators which is over 23 years old was quite amazing. JPM is one of the guys who threw Sloth together over a the Christmas break of 1991 and is still a Creator today. I sent him an email earlier today regarding the find and his quote was:
Wow, that's Sloth I era! I remember is_list_affected, certainly - the original Diku was sadly lacking in any way to tell if someone had a specific affect. It did everything with the bitvector.

I'm sure many of you guys feel the same way but moments like this are priceless!

Our game is about to go through some fun and exciting changes, so please stop by and join in on the fun.

Our 'Coliseum' has recently been recoded, all new mobs created, and stats reset so that everyone can start fresh. The coliseum is a place where everyone competes to break high scores and personal records by killing as many mobs as they can in a certain amount of time. One of the newer changes is that groups can enter and compete. High scores can be seen both in-game and via our Live Data page at
Live Data Coliseum Stats

Please feel free to stop by. If you are looking for a low key atmosphere where everyone is made to feel like family, we are the place for you!

Enjoy,
Splork
0.0/1