23 Mar, 2015, Gamia wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
www.domdaria.com

we are seeking builders to develop content and write room descriptions for areas.

Note:
* The Mud is web-based and contains quiet a few graphical elements (but to me it is still a Mud).
* The Mud is not finished and everything is subject to change.
*Programmed in Lubox
*we use a world editor that makes building super easy (no need to understand code just click on the box that says room description and type in what you want the desc to be.)
24 Mar, 2015, Oliver wrote in the 2nd comment:
With minimal offense, I have to say that this is not an appealing request.

:/ .. A word of introduction may be wise but your website looks ok.

we are seeking builders to develop content and write room descriptions for areas.

What sort? Why would someone be motivated to be a builder for your game?

* The Mud is not finished and everything is subject to change.

That's not an appealing property for a potential volunteer, particularly the last part. Every MUD looking for builders is unfinished but I think most builders are looking for a very structural environment.
24 Mar, 2015, Ssolvarain wrote in the 3rd comment:
Another question would be: What kind of softcoding or scripting is available to builders?
27 Mar, 2015, Nathan wrote in the 4th comment:
I would recommend pointing people to these pages on your own website:

http://domdaria.com/Forge
http://domdaria.com/Forge/Positions

Being a little clearer with some of the positions as to what sort of information you'd like the applicant to provide in a contact email would probably be wise.

You should also make it clear what level of work you are after. You are asking for 'builders', but what you want is not people proficient with setting up pre-existing content that is not in the game but rather 'creators'/'developers' to create the content that you don't currently have. For artists, you may want to ask them to directly provide you a specific kind of mockup (e.g. potential item icons) rather than simply indicating you want someone with an existing portfolio. The way you phrase your 'transactions' part for graphic artists seems to imply that you should be telling people that you would like to negotiate a commission for specific works rather than employing them all the time. For 'world builders' you should probably just promise a spot in the credits to anyone whose work ends up in the final/"release" product and leave out any hinting at money so as not to get people too hyped about something that may not be forthcoming. If you accurately record the amount of work done by an individual you will have a way to decide how you'd like to compensate them later if you wish to deal in RL currency.
27 Mar, 2015, Idealiad wrote in the 5th comment:
I just wanted to add that Domdaria actually is a fantastic gameplay experience. Its mechanics and content are average for a mud but the UX is the best I've ever played. If you try it investigate the menu to find the keyboard shortcuts, which cover most of the frequent UI actions. I played a few months ago. The main developer is also a super nice guy.

And yes, I know it's partly graphical, but I agree with the OP that it's basically a mud.
0.0/5