12 Jul, 2016, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hey guys, its been a really long time since I posted on this forum. I'm sure most of you are still around, but I used to be a regular on here for years.

Anyway, I don't have much time to run / develop MUDs these days. But as a Sr. Linux Admin I know quite a bit about maintaining servers. I happen to have some personal VMs that I don't use very often and wanted to help out the community. At the moment, I'm curious if anyone of you need a place to host your MUD. Depending on the demand I'm considering offering it as a free service. Granted, a lot of you know Unix and probably have your own servers, but if you're new to the community or need help getting it off the ground hit me up. If this is something you would like to use, please reply or PM me.

Details:
In case it matters to you, the server I have available is running CentOS 7.2 Each user will be have a quota for disk, CPU and memory. Depending on how many users we have will determine the limits. Obviously, I can offer 0 guarantees about uptime as this is a free service. You will be responsible for running your MUD. I will probably setup an Nginx proxy to handle subdomains. If this becomes a thing that people start to use, I may setup a donation pot, but it's too early for that.

Anyway, please let me know if this is something you would like.
-Johnny
0.0/1