02 Dec, 2007, Jamdog wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I have read through the Intermud information and FAQ with interest. The FAQ states:
FAQ Page said:
If your codebase does not have it installed, then you will need to have a coder install the package ( or develop one ) and then connect using the information provided.

Where do I get the package? The download page has a number of links, which do I need to get this to work in a tbaMUD 3.54 codebase (CircleMUD derivative)? I'll happily tweak the code to get it to work if needed.
02 Dec, 2007, Guest wrote in the 2nd comment:
Probably the best place to start is with the IMC2 package built for Merc derivatives. There are install instructions there for CircleMUD as well. I can't guarantee that it's going to work smoothly though since Circle is still using that crazy binary pfile system.
02 Dec, 2007, Sryth wrote in the 3rd comment:
Probably the best place to start is with the IMC2 package built for Merc derivatives. There are install instructions there for CircleMUD as well. I can't guarantee that it's going to work smoothly though since Circle is still using that crazy binary pfile system.

Not the versions Jamdog and I are using, he's using TBA and I'm using CWG Suntzu. They've come a long way since circle 3.1
:)
02 Dec, 2007, Guest wrote in the 4th comment:
If they're using ascii pfiles that should make things a lot easier to port over.
02 Dec, 2007, Sryth wrote in the 5th comment:
They both do. :)
02 Dec, 2007, Fizban wrote in the 6th comment:
Aye…I hated binary pfiles….oh dear…this might be the only thread on this site with 3 CircleMUD people on it, watch out Samson we might be taking over.
02 Dec, 2007, Jamdog wrote in the 7th comment:
Fizban said:
oh dear…this might be the only thread on this site with 3 CircleMUD people on it, watch out Samson we might be taking over.

In fact, 3 people who have contributed to the tbaMUD codebase in some way! :biggrin:
02 Dec, 2007, Guest wrote in the 8th comment:
Heh, well then I guess I'll just have to surrender the thread since I'm pretty well committed to the Smaug camp :)
02 Dec, 2007, Jamdog wrote in the 9th comment:
I've had a quick look through the Merc.txt file that comes with the client download, and it looks like I could get this to work…

It shouldn't be too difficult to twist it into tbaMUD compatible code, I've done Circle 3.0 to tbaMUD conversions before - how hard could this be? :wink:
02 Dec, 2007, Sryth wrote in the 10th comment:
It has a circle.txt file too. :) Doesn't look too hard.
02 Dec, 2007, Asylumius wrote in the 11th comment:
ROM FTW?

Sorry, it's what I grew up on.
02 Dec, 2007, Jamdog wrote in the 12th comment:
Sryth said:
It has a circle.txt file too. :) Doesn't look too hard.
Haha - I totally missed that file - I think I need to go to bed, and let my eyes rest…
02 Dec, 2007, Fizban wrote in the 13th comment:
Odd, this page has some odd rolling issues when I scroll up or down. But yeah it is funny, I haven't added anything close to as much code as tbaMUD as Jamdog, but it's pretty funny that I once logged on a mud had the admin be rude to me, and then watched 3 of his builders delete because they were pissed that someone who helped teach them to build years before was treated rudely.
13 Dec, 2007, ralgith wrote in the 14th comment:
Oh no! Now theres 4 circle users… ;)

Sorry, had to :devil:
14 Dec, 2007, Hades_Kane wrote in the 15th comment:
Asylumius said:
ROM FTW?

Sorry, it's what I grew up on.

Hey, we agree on something!
23 Jan, 2008, mtfox wrote in the 16th comment:
circle.txt changes ????

- imc_startup(FALSE); // FALSE arg, so the autoconnect setting can govern it.
+ imc_startup(FALSE, -1, FALSE); // FALSE arg, so the autoconnect setting can govern it.

- if ( this_imcmud != NULL )
+ if ( this_imcmud != NULL && this_imcmud->desc != -1 )

- 4. Open db.c and find the following:
+ 4. Open db.c or player.c, depending on version, and find the following

interpreter.c after the other part add

find

init_char(d->character);

then add

#ifdef IMC
imc_initchar(d->character);
#endif

there still seems to be a problem with "bool imc_read_socket( void )" getting stuck in a loop,
I added an extra break; at the bottom, that seems to of fixed it, at least good enough to make
sure it connected
27 Jan, 2008, Guest wrote in the 17th comment:
Hmm. mtfox, can you try this instead and see if it helps with the loop during connection?

Change:
else if( iErr == EAGAIN )
break;

To:
else if( iErr == EAGAIN || iErr == EWOULDBLOCK )
break;

There have been several reports on this infinite loop during startup and I haven't been able to pin down a possible cause for it, but in looking at some older client code I have archived it looks like there used to be some provisions made for EWOULDBLOCK as well as EAGAIN errors.
20 Feb, 2008, mtfox wrote in the 18th comment:
Wed Feb 20 11:25:49 2008 :: IMC: Loading ban list…
Wed Feb 20 11:25:49 2008 :: IMC: Loading ucache data…
Wed Feb 20 11:25:49 2008 :: IMC: imc_read_socket looped 50 times
Wed Feb 20 11:25:49 2008 :: IMC: Buffer contents: MD5 authentication is required.
Wed Feb 20 11:25:49 2008 :: IMC: Shutting down network.
Wed Feb 20 11:25:49 2008 :: IMC: Connection to server was lost.

that didn't seem to help…. it still seems to get stuck in a loop.
21 Feb, 2008, Guest wrote in the 19th comment:
Wed Feb 20 11:25:49 2008 :: IMC: Buffer contents: MD5 authentication is required.

That at least presented some kind of clue - it seems the server is expecting you to provide MD5 authentication. That can be turned off by typing "imcconfig md5pass" and then reconnecting. Though we may also have to drop your original connection from the server to reset things. If you're still using an MD5 client, it might be better to just turn that off entirely since it's rather flaky.
31 May, 2008, Kline wrote in the 20th comment:
Somewhere between 10:30pm - 12:30am (CST) on the 30th / 30st I hit this infinite loop on connect, too.

I changed the code that Samson listed which provided an error then, rather than a loop:
Sat May 31 05:52:42 2008 :: IMC: Invalid authentication response received from SHA-256!!
Sat May 31 05:52:42 2008 :: IMC: Data received: Unregistered SHA-256 connection attempt.
Sat May 31 05:52:42 2008 :: IMC: Shutting down network.

Disabling SHA-256 and re-connecting then worked fine and it re-completed auto-config I've never had any problems until this randomly popped up. Upon disconnecting (after it was working), trying to re-enable SHA-256 and reconnect, it had yet a different message :)
Sat May 31 05:54:35 2008 :: IMC: Invalid authentication response received from is!!
Sat May 31 05:54:35 2008 :: IMC: Data received: SHA-256 is not configured.
Sat May 31 05:54:35 2008 :: IMC: Shutting down network.

At this point I just disabled SHA-256 and let it be :) Hopefully I can maybe provide more insight to reproducing this loop, though.
0.0/24