12 Jul, 2006, Darmond wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
wow has any one else here ever tryed to move the hitting function in fight.c so that its seperate from the damage calculation? lol i have been getting the biggest headache over it woundering if its hard or if im just not looking at it right
12 Jul, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 2nd comment:
You're just looking at it wrong. Or maybe not explaining it well. Then again, it could be that I'm biased, as fight.c is and always has been my playground. Well, not so much now, but it was my playground before I decided to throw it out the window and write my combat engines completely from scratch.
12 Jul, 2006, Justice wrote in the 3rd comment:
What codebase are you using?

In SmaugFUSS, just about everything after:
/*
* Hit.
* Calc damage.
*/

Has to deal with applying damage and effects.

Should be fairly simple to move that part of the code into it's own function.
12 Jul, 2006, Darmond wrote in the 4th comment:
lol i wanted to do that but im not exatly there yet ( wouldent quite know where to start lol ) ether way im hopeing i can figure it out cas if i can sucsessfuly detach the hitrolls from one_hit then i should be abile to make any skill or spell even run though my current hit setup err i realy realy suck at explaning stuff im beggining to miss it back when i made games with just dice and paper X_X

ooo and its the same in rom i managed to get it out but i am probobly rehooking it wrong i guess or something cas i keep ether ending up with 100% hitting ( and getting my dodge message ) or 100% missing lol kinda funny when those happen also its actualy the function right above where it calculates damage the one that calculates a hit or miss lol
0.0/4