01 Jul, 2006, Sanami wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Ok, well this time I am looking for a map system that allows a map to be viewed in the description area along with the description, but I can live without them. Was wondering if anyone had any sugesstions for the code. Looking for something that might convert into EOS2 (diku/mer/envy/eosDEV).
01 Jul, 2006, Justice wrote in the 2nd comment:
I've seen this in some muds, but I'm not aware of a snippet to handle it in DIKU/MERC. The ranged search code I've uploaded can handle it in SmaugFUSS though.

If you want, I can help you write your own. Basically, you'd need some sort of search function, and a way to buffer the results. If you don't want it to turn corners or anything, you can use something similar to how scan works. Otherwise, you'd need a search similar to how track works.
01 Jul, 2006, Conner wrote in the 3rd comment:
Actually, I have seen such a snippet specifically for Smaug.. or maybe it was for Rom, that Ryo of IYG had referred me to. So perhaps he still has the link available or perhaps it's author could post it here too. Still not a snippet for Eos2/Evny, but it might be portable enough. *shrug*
02 Jul, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 4th comment:
If you're willing to convert it from ROM, I've got something to that effect up here. Search for my username in the code repository and you'll find it.
02 Jul, 2006, Guest wrote in the 5th comment:
There is also a snippet for this for AFKMud that should be easily ported to EOS2.
0.0/5