11 Jun, 2009, Death of Rats wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I have seen in a couple of MUDs that upon character creation, the player is prompted to roll his/her stats either randomly (giving 15 results) or by applying points manually on each stat (as, for example, if a player wanted a taller character, would invest more on STA, while the future mage would like to have more points on INT and WIS).

I have been unfortunate searching through a couple of websites (some of them really out of date) and overhere, I end at odds when I check the code repository and instead of an explanation of the "code" zipped or tarred on it, I only see the URL of a website which has no explanation about for what that code is used for. I hope you understand my disappointment at encountering these kind of things.

So, I politely ask to the most veteran into these matters if they can point me to the place where I can get a snippet or a guide of how to implement this feature to my MUD upon character creation. I'm using SmaugFUSS 1.9, using a win32 executable from Nick Gammon's website. My specialty is not C but XNA, but more or less, I have the basic knowledge about coding (and the tools for it, like Notepad++ and Script Editor Debugger from GameStudio program), using MUSHclient for testing in the field.

Thanks for reading.
11 Jun, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 2nd comment:
Isn't XNA typically in C#? SmaugFUSS is C and so it shouldn't be that hard to create a simple stat roll.
11 Jun, 2009, Kline wrote in the 3rd comment:
Are you wanting rolling or stat assignment? I removed the random rolling (as people just put triggers on it until they hit the statcap, anyway) in AckFUSS and instead roll some base values for people to start with but then let them freely modify them all up/down during creation.

If you look through the latest AckFUSS version it should be around line ~2400 within the nanny() function in comm.c, if you want to go that route and would like an example.
12 Jun, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 4th comment:
It looks like XNA is geared toward a rather specific kind of languages – are you able to compile your MUD in XNA? You said that you're using a win32 executable, but how will you compile your project once you've made the code changes?
0.0/4