20 Aug, 2009, Kintar wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
So I've done some digging and research and decided that TinyMUX is probably the way I'll be going for this little experiment. I remember enough MUSHcode that creating a new look command that formats and filters things the way I like was pretty simple. My problem, however, is that even though I've used @addcommand to replace the default look command, entering a new room, whether by @tel or by using an exit, still uses the old look to show you the room description. I've searched Amberyl's MUSH Manual, the TinyMUX wiki, and the Google Groups mailing list, and am apparently not using the right phrases to find what I'm looking for. I know it can be done, as I've seen it on other MU*s. Anyone have any experience in that department?
20 Aug, 2009, Idealiad wrote in the 2nd comment:
When you say you've seen it on other mushes – usually people format room and exit descriptions using @descformat, @exitformat and @conformat. Is that what you're looking for?
20 Aug, 2009, Kelvin wrote in the 3rd comment:
I'd strongly advise against overriding look, there are a ton of things that tie into it. @adesc being one of them. You probably want to use @descformat, @nameformat, @conformat, and @exitformat, as this kind of thing is why they exist.
20 Aug, 2009, Kintar wrote in the 4th comment:
Thanks, everyone. I finally found those attributes by digging through the source code. Even once I knew what I was looking for, I couldn't find them referenced in any guides online.
0.0/4