09 Sep, 2009, Silenus wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hi,

I am trying to mix some C code with STL where the basic system revolves around using some custom allocators with specialized malloc/free. Is there an easy way to get STL to play nice with such schemes?

Thanks in advance.
09 Sep, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 2nd comment:
You'll need to give a few more details for the question to make sense to me, I'm afraid. What is "the basic system", what are you mixing with which part of STL, what problems are you currently having, etc.
09 Sep, 2009, Silenus wrote in the 3rd comment:
Well basically the server I am working with includes custom replacements for malloc/free/realloc etc which rely for the most part directly on brk/sbrk. I suspect any allocations I do would have to run through this system and thus I would need to create custom allocators for various libraries I am using including STL and Boost::pool so it routes through the existing allocation scheme. Is this essentially correct?
09 Sep, 2009, ghasatta wrote in the 4th comment:
What DavidHaley said, but also, yes, as a google search will show.

You will find that other people have asked the question before, to the point that there are several articles, and reference documents out there for your pleasure.

HTH, HAND
09 Sep, 2009, Silenus wrote in the 5th comment:
Thanks. I actually almost got there with my research in the intervening time :P.
0.0/5