31 Aug, 2011, David Haley wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
I still don't get why MB intermud matters per se when nobody seems to care about it in practice, and most MUDs that are on it are on saner intermud networks in the first place.
31 Aug, 2011, Cratylus wrote in the 22nd comment:
David Haley said:
I still don't get why MB intermud matters per se when nobody seems to care about it in practice, and most MUDs that are on it are on saner intermud networks in the first place.

You're not the only person raising this question…indeed asking me why I bother with MB IMC2.

I like the idea of there being more than one network. I like intermud, and the existence of multiple networks mitigates
exposure from someone going crazy and ruining things or going dead, etc. So I've been encouraging and supporting
MB IMC2 cuz it just seems like a good idea in principle, though I agree that with the admins explicitly not caring enough
to maintain it, and them being openly hostile both to interoperation or indeed any kind of peering, or hell, the
merest hint of collaboration…it seems more and more like wasted time.

Maybe the thing to do is have the i3 redundancy system not be MB IMC2 as the spare tire, but you and/or Kali
as co-admins with me to avoid the hit by a bus SPOF.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
01 Sep, 2011, David Haley wrote in the 23rd comment:
Healthy and friendly competition is great, I agree. It would be great to have multiple functional, active intermud networks. But, ah, MBIMC2 isn't really a functional, active network. :sad:
07 Sep, 2011, Silenus wrote in the 24th comment:
Unfortunately the remaining networks are mostly dead now.
07 Sep, 2011, Lyanic wrote in the 25th comment:
kiasyn said:
if anyone is interested speak up

I am interested, and I am not Cratylus.
07 Sep, 2011, kiasyn wrote in the 26th comment:
send me an email - sam @ myusername .com and we can start talking :)
13 Oct, 2014, Cratylus wrote in the 27th comment:
So is MB IMC2 permadead or…what…or…?

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
28 Oct, 2014, Tijer wrote in the 28th comment:
shame really.. probably a lot of muds that are missing out on the whole intermud experience…
28 Oct, 2014, Kelvin wrote in the 29th comment:
Yeah, I tinkered with I3 some but the error messages were non-existant and/or completely unhelpful. IMC was pretty easy to work with, though. If IMC goes down, I doubt I'll bother messing with I3 anymore.
28 Oct, 2014, Davion wrote in the 30th comment:
Kelvin said:
Yeah, I tinkered with I3 some but the error messages were non-existant and/or completely unhelpful. IMC was pretty easy to work with, though. If IMC goes down, I doubt I'll bother messing with I3 anymore.

I passed off server responsibility sometime ago but nothing really ever got done with it. If you want Kelvin, I can set you up with access.
29 Oct, 2014, Cratylus wrote in the 31st comment:
I guess I'm still on Davion's ignore list years after there was any point to it, if ever there was good reason for it.
29 Oct, 2014, Omega wrote in the 32nd comment:
Cratylus said:
I guess I'm still on Davion's ignore list years after there was any point to it, if ever there was good reason for it.

If it makes you feel any better I will never ignore you Crat. You are my own personal Jesus Christ.
30 Oct, 2014, Kelvin wrote in the 33rd comment:
Davion said:
Kelvin said:

I passed off server responsibility sometime ago but nothing really ever got done with it. If you want Kelvin, I can set you up with access.

I appreciate that, but I'm probably not qualified enough to handle that. I've never even attempted to compiled an IMC server, let alone run and administer one :(
20.0/33