25 Feb, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 41st comment:
Votes: 0
:shrug: Well, regardless, it's still too bad that it can't set up its own network driver that talks to the network with its own IP address etc. I still don't see why this would only be available to a full-fledged VM. Oh well.

EDIT: no, by same network I meant the same network behind a NAT router, using the same DHCP addresses etc. – that level of the network.
25 Feb, 2010, Runter wrote in the 42nd comment:
David Haley said:
:shrug: Well, regardless, it's still too bad that it can't set up its own network driver that talks to the network with its own IP address etc. I still don't see why this would only be available to a full-fledged VM. Oh well.

EDIT: no, by same network I meant the same network behind a NAT router, using the same DHCP addresses etc. – that level of the network.

It is still in beta.
25 Feb, 2010, Runter wrote in the 43rd comment:
JohnnyStarr said:
Looks like Ubuntu also, this pleases me :lol:

EDIT:
To Runter and anyone else who writes Ruby in Vim, what kind of color scheme did you go with?
With all of Ruby's different sigils and symbols, I cant decide what might look best.

Any screen shots might help me get a good idea too :)

Oh. Also this. I forgot I seem to use more than one scheme regularly depending on where I am at the time. :p

25 Feb, 2010, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 44th comment:
Dude, i just decided to get andLinux for my laptop.
So far i've tried Cygwin (which worked fine with sshd), andLinux and VMWare Ubuntu to host
ssh so i could tap in from my lappy. I got VMWare to work (for awhile) but there are ethernet issues that
I didn't feel like taking any more time on. Basically, the end doesn't justify the means.

I got the KDE version, it's pretty :)
25 Feb, 2010, Runter wrote in the 45th comment:
JohnnyStarr said:
Dude, i just decided to get andLinux for my laptop.
So far i've tried Cygwin (which worked fine with sshd), andLinux and VMWare Ubuntu to host
ssh so i could tap in from my lappy. I got VMWare to work (for awhile) but there are ethernet issues that
I didn't feel like taking any more time on. Basically, the end doesn't justify the means.

I would use it if it wasn't currently only 32 bit windows only. I have dual boot on my laptop instead which works but is a little annoying for switching between the two.
25 Feb, 2010, Davion wrote in the 46th comment:
JohnnyStarr said:

Check out 'Kate'. It's an awesome text editor :). It can even sftp from the file browser
26 Feb, 2010, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 47th comment:
Here's a quick look at my vim settings :)
26 Feb, 2010, Runter wrote in the 48th comment:
That's a little rough on my eyes.
26 Feb, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 49th comment:
Yeah, I don't know if it's the screenshot but the dark blue is pretty hard for me to read too.
26 Feb, 2010, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 50th comment:
Looks better in person i guess :)
Still playin with it though.
27 Feb, 2010, Runter wrote in the 51st comment:
JohnnyStarr said:
Looks better in person i guess :)
Still playin with it though.

It's the watermark that bothers me.
27 Feb, 2010, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 52nd comment:
I got an app called powermenu that makes any window transparent.
It helps my eyes somehow, maybe colors on black is too much for me.
Different strokes i suppose.
27 Feb, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 53rd comment:
Funnily enough when viewed on my laptop screen, it's far more legible. Maybe it just depends on monitor settings.
26 May, 2010, soulnafein wrote in the 54th comment:
Man I suggest you to develop in a virtual machine with ubuntu 10.04 and the text editor that you prefer.
I personally use RubyMine (which is also available for windows and mac) with VIM plugin (if you are a VIM fan)
16 Jun, 2010, Tyche wrote in the 55th comment:
Tyche said:
The primary reason I haven't switched to ruby 1.9 is because of the encoding aware strings.

There's a wealth of criticism and praise out there in Rubyland.
This series of articles attempts to document how it works: http://blog.grayproductions.net/articles...

Here's more on Ruby M17N implementation in the form of a program:
http://github.com/candlerb/string19/blob...
40.0/55