25 Sep, 2010, Bojack wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I need some ideas on how to go about having a player be turned into a temp object for a small time duration which I myself cannot think up a way yet. It can be graphical or actual data, but I just need some idea's. Has anyone successfully done something like this?
25 Sep, 2010, Kline wrote in the 2nd comment:
Go look at any of the God Wars releases in the repository. In most, if not all of them, you should be able to search for decapitate and see how when a played is killed via decapitation they continue to live on as an object in the form of their own head. Some varieties of Demon class also support transforming into objects.
25 Sep, 2010, KaVir wrote in the 3rd comment:
Kline said:
Go look at any of the God Wars releases in the repository. In most, if not all of them, you should be able to search for decapitate and see how when a played is killed via decapitation they continue to live on as an object in the form of their own head. Some varieties of Demon class also support transforming into objects.

There's also an 'oswitch' imm command that lets you transform people into objects.

However from an implementation perspective I cheated. You're actually still in your body, and invisibly dragged around after the object (or whoever is carrying it). I found this the easiest way to implement it (and from a player's perspective you can't tell the difference), but it's a really dirty solution.

It was one of the things I factored into GW2 when I was designing it from the ground up - the whole Thing/Brain relationship makes it incredibly easy for players to control objects. But retroactively changing an established codebase to work like that would be a huge job.
0.0/3