10 May, 2011, Dutch wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hey just wondering if anyone has tried to add KaVir's protocol snippet to SWFotEFUSS1.4 yet?
I'd really like to add it in, as I would love to have the support it offers, but there are certain places
that I'm very uncomfortable messing with, and the install instructions for SMAUG seem rather bland,
or at least to me they do ;P.
So if anyone has used it already and maybe has some pointers, pls post, or contact me via email:
kickaxs@yahoo.com
Thx
11 May, 2011, Kayle wrote in the 2nd comment:
Actually we're working on something similar to be released into the FUSS branches in the nearish future. Quixadhal is actually spearheading it and as far as I know has a good portion of stuff working already, so keep an eye on the FUSS forums and you might see a release of SWFotEFUSS soon that you can port the changes into your own base.
11 May, 2011, quixadhal wrote in the 3rd comment:
Yep, the basic stuff seems to be working fine. I'm doing some rather intensive rewriting of the color handling stuff, because KaVir's code introduces its own color code system, and there's little point in having two competing systems in place.
11 May, 2011, Dutch wrote in the 4th comment:
Wow that sounds really awesome guys! Really can't wait.
And thanks for the replies with the info, Kayle and Quixadhal!
Will be checking the smaugmuds site everyday!
11 May, 2011, KaVir wrote in the 5th comment:
Dutch said:
Hey just wondering if anyone has tried to add KaVir's protocol snippet to SWFotEFUSS1.4 yet? I'd really like to add it in, as I would love to have the support it offers, but there are certain places that I'm very uncomfortable messing with, and the install instructions for SMAUG seem rather bland, or at least to me they do ;P.

I could add some funny jokes if you like, to make the instructions a bit more exciting. Perhaps add a cartoon or a rude picture or something.

quixadhal said:
Yep, the basic stuff seems to be working fine. I'm doing some rather intensive rewriting of the color handling stuff, because KaVir's code introduces its own color code system, and there's little point in having two competing systems in place.

You don't need to rewrite it, you can just replace ANSI_BLAH with calls to ColourRGB(). Eg instead of this:
case 'O':  /* Orange/Brown */
if( ansi )
mudstrlcpy( dst, ANSI_ORANGE, dstlen );
break;
You can write:
case 'O':  /* Orange/Brown */
if( ansi )
mudstrlcpy( dst, ColourRGB(d, "F520"), dstlen );
break;

Then expand it for additional colours. If you want to let players specify their own RGB values, just copy and paste the appropriate section from the case statement in ProtocolOutput().
Random Picks
0.0/5