25 Jun, 2011, arholly wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hello:
This is kind of an academic question, but is the ROM license and the SRD (System Reference Document) compatible licensing? I'm wondering if it is possible to use both licensing at the same time if I wanted to use spells from the SRD in a ROM mud (or anything from the SRD really).

Best Regards,
Arholly
26 Jun, 2011, Zeno wrote in the 2nd comment:
Not familiar with SRD, but my guess is that the ROM license has nothing preventing you from adding those spells into ROM.
26 Jun, 2011, Tyche wrote in the 3rd comment:
arholly said:
Hello:
This is kind of an academic question, but is the ROM license and the SRD (System Reference Document) compatible licensing? I'm wondering if it is possible to use both licensing at the same time if I wanted to use spells from the SRD in a ROM mud (or anything from the SRD really).

The SRD is a list of references that a product licensed under the GSL may use and not redefine. It's particular to those creating supplemental rules and modules for D&D 3E and 4E. The GSL prohibits interactive products. It's meant for hardcover, softcover, or electronically downloadable role-playing books.
I don't see how any mud could be compatible with a license that prohibits use in interactive products.
0.0/3