06 Jan, 2012, slapbass841984 wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hello. Let me start off by introducing myself. My name is Chris Cox and I am the owner
of Star Wars: Struggle for Power. I am willing to teach a few good men and women how to
code using the C Language. Space is very limited but I would be honored to teach you good
folks how to code if you don't already know how. For those of you who do know how to code
and just want to brush up on your coding skills I'm willing to offer you the chance to brush up
on your coding skills. Mabe we can all work on the same MUD together if you like. Thanks for
taking the time to the time to read this message. Hope to hear from you all very soon. My
E-Mail is cdcox1984@hotmail.com
06 Jan, 2012, Chris Bailey wrote in the 2nd comment:
Perhaps I'm way out of line here; I'm sorry if that's the case. Didn't you just recently post, on this very forum, an ad asking for anyone "willing to help me or mabe code for my mud", because you were quote, "having a bit of trouble with coding"? If you have somehow managed to rise from that position, in the last week, to a programming authority capable of taking on several students then I apologize and applaud your efforts.

The post in question

Would it not be more appropriate to ask for individuals that would like to learn to program with you as opposed to from you?
06 Jan, 2012, Cratylus wrote in the 3rd comment:
Chris Bailey said:
If you have somehow managed to rise from that position, in the last week, to a programming authority capable of taking on several students then…

jelus
06 Jan, 2012, Chris Bailey wrote in the 4th comment:
Cratylus said:
Chris Bailey said:
If you have somehow managed to rise from that position, in the last week, to a programming authority capable of taking on several students then…

jelus

You always see right through me.
06 Jan, 2012, slapbass841984 wrote in the 5th comment:
No. Actually Cratylus he is right he is absolutely right. And the only explanation I can think of is that theres two people who use this name. Me and my co owner David. While I am the head coder of the MUD I still cannot do it all on my own. David(Myrlin) used to be Owner/Coder/Head Builder. Now he is just Owner/Supervisor. Which is why im willing to teach a few people to code on my codebase that i've grown to love and hate at the same time. And give them a position if they would like one. Thats why we posted about needing help in the coding department. I'm sure you know how stressful it can be when your coding and some things dont work right and youve tried everything you can think of. I just thought mabe some fresh insite would be well appreciated. Hope that clears some things up for you man. Take care.

Xylam Kamui and Myrlin Reln
06 Jan, 2012, Runter wrote in the 6th comment:
lol
06 Jan, 2012, Chris Bailey wrote in the 7th comment:
Best of luck to you!
06 Jan, 2012, Ssolvarain wrote in the 8th comment:
Hey Crat, where's that picture of yours at? The Animal one.

Edit:Nevermind.
06 Jan, 2012, Cratylus wrote in the 9th comment:
slapbass841984 said:
Actually Cratylus he is right he is absolutely right. And the only explanation I can think of is that theres two people who use this name.

wat
06 Jan, 2012, Runter wrote in the 10th comment:
Cratylus said:
slapbass841984 said:
Actually Cratylus he is right he is absolutely right. And the only explanation I can think of is that theres two people who use this name.

wat

You were right, people are jealous.
06 Jan, 2012, Chris Bailey wrote in the 11th comment:
I'm having a difficult time finding the connection information for Star Wars: Struggle for power, am I overlooking it somehow?
06 Jan, 2012, KaVir wrote in the 12th comment:
Chris Bailey said:
I'm having a difficult time finding the connection information for Star Wars: Struggle for power, am I overlooking it somehow?

It's at nimud.divineright.org 4060, of course :devil:
06 Jan, 2012, Chris Bailey wrote in the 13th comment:
KaVir said:
Chris Bailey said:

Ha! One of these days I'm going to get around to trying that one.
06 Jan, 2012, KaVir wrote in the 14th comment:
I'm serious…
06 Jan, 2012, Ssolvarain wrote in the 15th comment:
KaVir said:
I'm serious…

%%% Performing Asynch DNS lookup on nimud.divineright.org
%%% Connecting to 38.111.134.154 on port 4060
%%% Connected to nimud.divineright.org on port 4060.

________ ___ ____
/ __ __| / _ \ | _ \
______> \ | | | _ || /_____________________________
/ _______/ |_| |_| |_||_|\______________________________ \
/ / \ \
| | Welcome to Struggle for Power | |
| | A Circle 3.0 Codebase | |
\ \____________________________ _ ___ ____ _______/ /
\___________________________ | | | / _ \ | __ \ / _______/
| |/\| || |_| || / > \ LS
\_/\_/ |_| |_||_|\_\|__/tm

A derivative of DikuMUD (GAMMA 0.0)
Administrated by Rob

NEW PLAYERS: This is an active Star Wars role-play MUD. Do NOT create a
character with a real Star Wars name that is found in movies, books,
comics, etc. If you do, you will be deleted, losing all your levels,
equipment, and statistics. If are not sure about a name, then ask.

Identify Yourself:locke
Did I get that right, Locke (Y/N)? y
New character.
Give me a password for Locke: mankey

Please retype password: mankey

What is your sex (M/F)? m

I have a dark secret. I am not who I claim I am to be who I am.
06 Jan, 2012, Chris Bailey wrote in the 16th comment:
KaVir said:
I'm serious…

Really? Bwahahaha
06 Jan, 2012, Cratylus wrote in the 17th comment:
KaVir said:
Chris Bailey said:

Does it have an OLC?
07 Jan, 2012, Chris Bailey wrote in the 18th comment:
It does have OLC. No credit given.
08 Jan, 2012, slapbass841984 wrote in the 19th comment:
Yeah one of the owners before me took everybody including circlemud and diku out of credits so im having to readd them back in. But I'm wondering though…If this mud becomes too big of a job for me to handle by myself what should I do? Delete it? Keep it in my files? which? Thanks for any help you guys can give.
08 Jan, 2012, plamzi wrote in the 20th comment:
slapbass841984 said:
But I'm wondering though…If this mud becomes too big of a job for me to handle by myself what should I do? Delete it? Keep it in my files? which? Thanks for any help you guys can give.

It is these kinds of 'questions' that make it impossible to take anything you say seriously. If you're trolling, please reflect on the dubious pleasures of wasting your own time just to waste that of others. If you're earnest, you should probably save yourself (and us) a lot of grief and run 'rm -rf directoryname' right now.
0.0/22