01 Mar, 2012, Tijer wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
Rarva.Riendf said:
Ssolvarain said:
How is a simple edit for clarity "bizarre"?

If you don't trust kiasyn to edit a post, you definitely shouldn't be trusting him not to sell out your contact information, snoop your personal messages, etc.

Well I personaly do not 'trust' him for any of that as well…

If you don't trust a moderator/admin then why are you even here?

The way i see it is you are a guest of the Admin of this site…. they don't have to provide the service and they don't have to allow you to connect here…
01 Mar, 2012, David Haley wrote in the 22nd comment:
Tijer said:

This is a total non-sequitur. This isn't about "trust". Besides, I don't put any private information here, not because I believe they're actually reading my PMs etc. but because it's just not relevant.

Tijer said:
The way i see it is you are a guest of the Admin of this site…. they don't have to provide the service and they don't have to allow you to connect here…

This is a great attitude to have if you want to be the king of an empty castle.
01 Mar, 2012, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 23rd comment:

Cause I do not put any personal informations here or use any private message in a 'private way'

The way I see this, I dont give a *** if I am banned or anything.

They opened a place for free for people to come on and talk about mud, good for them! It is practical, but I lived without it before, and I could live if it closed tomorrow as well. It has nothing to do with trust. Just asking/warning that you will edit a post (and why) is just common courtesy.

And for Davion: yes some formatting is forced on you, but that you can see with the preview button. So it is not like it is out of your control.

I would not really care if a post of mine was edited cause I screwed up a quote or if a tag was added to make it look nicer, BUT I just wish I would be warned in a private message and not see it when I come back.
03 Mar, 2012, Cratylus wrote in the 24th comment:
Runter said:
]Unless he broke some strange rule, why are mudbytes administrators editing the posts of members? This hasn't come up yet because nobody has really complained, but I personally don't think it should be happening, even in the case of users making errors.. unless a request is made by the user. Such as "Hey Kiasyn, my video link is broken, can you fix that for me?"

I think maybe we can all just go back to the OP and consider it on its own merits.

I think it's a valid concern and it merits more than a snooze from kiasyn.

Is it a small deal? Yes. Is it his site? Yes. Pretty sure neither of those are in dispute.

Aside from those two things that are so obvious we can just stop talking about them, the OP had a valid concern and it is perfectly cromulent to disapprove of an admin taking a cavalier attitude toward a valid concern.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
03 Mar, 2012, Ssolvarain wrote in the 25th comment:
So how's the Occupy approach working out for you?
20.0/25