26 Apr, 2007, Conner wrote in the 41st comment:
Votes: 0
Wow! :ghostface:
I'll say that was a good night, your upload speed's not so impressive, and your latency is bordering on painful, but nice download speeds! :grinning:
27 Apr, 2007, Brinson wrote in the 42nd comment:
Haha, Fios…Dsl…You people should be grateful…I have ONE high speed internet choice and its what is called Motorola Canopy Technology and works similar to Cell phones. They put antennas on the top of buildings all over a town and establish a large network which you can tap into it. I get 1 mb (though it is faster than advertised) for $300 down for equipment and $40 a month for THREE YEARS MINIMUM. heh.

Totally worth it over dial-up, though.
27 Apr, 2007, Conner wrote in the 43rd comment:
I am grateful for what I have, but I do have other choices too and having once owned and operated my own ISP for a number of years I know what else could be available to me if I had the money so I'm always hoping that better than what I have will become available for he price range I can afford. But I understand your perspective too, Brinson, and my condolences that you live somewhere that only one option besides dial-up exists, perhaps that will change for you eventually.
28 Apr, 2007, Brinson wrote in the 44th comment:
And maybe they'll push my current ISP out of business so my 3 year contract becomes void… ;)
28 Apr, 2007, Conner wrote in the 45th comment:
Or, perhaps there is some other option currently being implimented that hasn't gone public yet for your area and that's why your current ISP has started insisting on extended contracts in the first place.
18 May, 2007, Kjwah wrote in the 46th comment:

I think I have you beat Davion. Now quit working so much and finish your codebase and then send it to me..

I think I might start coding again.. Been having that, you know urge.. or itch or whatever? :devil:
18 May, 2007, Conner wrote in the 47th comment:
Impressive speeds, Kjwah, almost makes me wish I lived up there in rain country…
20 May, 2007, Tijer wrote in the 48th comment:
20 May, 2007, Fizban wrote in the 49th comment:

Yep..pretty much trash unless it's being compared to Tyche's speeds…

While uploading zMUD with WinSCP.

While uploading the same file with Filezilla:

Moral? Filezilla doesn't seem to take anywhere near as much bandwidth as WinSCP…and transfers files twice as quickly…

That takes the cake for upload, not to see if I can beat Tyche's download speed…
20 May, 2007, syn wrote in the 50th comment:

Thats what I get on RCN woo.. better then comcast I spose. :)
20 May, 2007, Conner wrote in the 51st comment:
Impressive download and latency, Tijer, but what happened to your upload speed?? While I expect upload to be slower (most of the time), it's not usually quite that disproportionate.

Fizban.. just "ouch". :sad:

Syn: Not bad, on par with what I get from Comcast for download, and excellent latency, but that upload's easy to beat with Comcast for me.
20 May, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 52nd comment:

So, There. That's with WoW running on one computer, Limewire on one of the others, and a couple of other things running on one of the other ones… Hmmm.. Oh, and streaming audio through MusicMatch Jukebox.

And that's with WoW running on two computers, uploads on three computers, and all of said stuff before.
21 May, 2007, Conner wrote in the 53rd comment:
Damn nice numbers there, Kayle. :grinning:
21 May, 2007, Tijer wrote in the 54th comment:
my isp only has a 512k upload… there are rumours they are upping it at some point, and later this month they are doubling the download speed, as a free upgrade
22 May, 2007, Conner wrote in the 55th comment:
Nice upgrade, too bad they're not also doing the upload at the same time, maybe eventually though. :smile:
23 May, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 56th comment:
I was actually disappointed with my numbers… >.>
23 May, 2007, Conner wrote in the 57th comment:
You were? Had you looked at mine? (first post of this thread) :sad:
23 May, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 58th comment:
Yeah, I saw your numbers. :tongue: but for as much as I pay per month for service, I expected better numbers.
23 May, 2007, Conner wrote in the 59th comment:
I see, Kayle.
28 May, 2007, Sakirious wrote in the 60th comment:
Well, its been a bit since I was active here because of school, but this is my connection to my apartment, and in a month I'm getting a dedicated fiber line for my server and game systems.
40.0/147